Ch. 47 - My Story

THREE DAYS LATER

TODAY WAS HIS FUNERAL

I couldn't go because I am stuck in the hospital for two to three weeks. I have ten stitches on my stomach, a concussion, three broke ribs, and bruises literally all over my face and my body.

I cried, and I cried. If it wasn't for me, he would still be here.

"Campbell, it's not your fault," Micheal told me as he sat beside me on the hospital bed.

"He got shot because of me, Micheal. Because he was trying to save me," I replied, wiping away my tears.

"Evie shot him, not you," Gavin said, holding my hand.

"I should have done more. I shouldn't have left him."

Dean died of blood loss. The cops were too late, and he was dead before they entered the room. I shouldn't have left him. I should helped him, but I didn't.

"How is Alec today? Has anybody checked on him?" I asked them, running a hand through my hair.

Alec was also in the hospital for being shot in the shoulder.

Undoubtedly, Evie faked being unconscious, and when the cops came up to get her, she hid from them. Then she came out to the parking lot, but none of us saw her expect Alec.

According to him, her aim was pointed at Brent. As she pulled the trigger, Alec pushed him out of the way, and the bullet hit him in the shoulder. Then Evie turned the gun on herself, and she killed herself before anybody could stop her.

The doctors said Alec would be fine, and the bullet didn't do know damage so he should be good to play football in college.

I haven't seen him since he was shot, and it was killing me that I couldn't check up on him.

I know today must be hard for him. He had to bury his other best friend. At least, Dean and Peyton will be together with their child.

"He was released this morning so we haven't seen him. I know Maya went with, though," Gaberial informed me, making me nod.

I nodded, tiredly, and Nick said,"Why don't you get some rest?"

I haven't been able to sleep since the kidnapping. I would have nightmares about Evie coming back and hurting me or my family, and I wake up screaming. Brent would be there to calm me down, and he would hold me while I sobbed in his chest.