CHAPTER 6

TONY P.O.V

I had been expecting an uneventful day, it was my day off after all. But of course, as usual, I was sorely mistaking.

I was around noon when I got the call from the NYPD. I was a bit surprised but answered anyway.

"Hello? Tony Stark here."

"Yes, hello sir," was the crisp response, "There is...some stuff that we need to explain to you. But I'm afraid that it's a lot to take in, we would prefer to explain in person."

"Oh well is that so,"

"Um, yes sir,"

"How about you give me the run-down, and I think I should be the one who gets to decide if it's worthy of me taking time out of my incredibly busy day. Okay, officer?"

Uh, I gues- I mean, Very well sir," the dispatcher said after saving himself.

"Well there is a young man here, says he's 16, his name is Perseus Jackson,"

Hmm, the name Perseus sounds a bit familiar...

Eh its probably nothing.

"Although he said he prefers Percy. Anyway, he was heading home but showed up to see his house in complete ruins. His mother, Sally Jackson-Blofis, and his step-father, Paul Blofis, gone. No trace of them anywhere. We asked if he had any other family members that would be willing to become his temporary guardian. Percy said he had no one that he knew of."

I didn't know where this was headed, but I was starting to get a little impatient.

He continued, "So one of our officers took a DNA sample to see if anyone matched...and sir, you do."

Whoa.

Wait.

Hold on...

What??

That was not what I had been expecting!

"I'm sorry. What?!" I practically yelled.

"Turns out you and his mother are twins," He sounded a little nervous now.

"Your mother and father couldn't take care of you both. So you and your sister were put up for adoption the night you were born. You two were adopted almost immediately, around the same time as well. You were taken by a wealthy family, the Starks. While Sally was adopted by a low-paid, struggling couple, the Jacksons. Both of your last names were changed to match the family either of you went to, we don't know what your original last names were though,"

While I had never been told I was adopted, it did make a little sense. Or at least it explained why my dad was never too fond of me. But it was still a lot to take in. On top of all that...I have a twin sister??

Taking my silence as an invitation to continue, the dispatcher said," With the boy only being 16, he will need someone to take him in...it would be best if they were family, sir. But only if you are willing, of course. It would just be temporary, at least until we find his parents. Oh...might I add, Percy does have a bit of a criminal record, but we're sure with the Avengers around he'll be no problem,"

Perfect! A criminal nephew. Just what I needed on my day off. But, it's not his fault his parents are missing...I need to give the kid a chance at least, and right now, I'm all he has, and I know all about that. Anyways, the dispatcher is right, if he was living with the Avengers he would be sure to behave.

Taking a deep breath, I responded, "I'll be over in 30...to discuss the matter. No promises."

And with that, I hung up and got ready, thinking to myself, 'Oh boy Tony...what have you gotten yourself into now...'

A/N: Longest chapter yet! I know no one is reading this book but to the few that are...thank you! And don't forget to let me know what you think!! Constructive criticism is welcome. See ya soon!

-M :)