CHAPTER 22 (PART 1)

PERCY P.O.V

By the time I hung up with Annabeth, I was feeling a bit better. I mean, don't get me wrong, I was scared, this voice was becoming more and more of a problem. But on the upside, I'll get to see Annabeth soon!

So anyway, I managed to find my way back to the lounge room, where everyone was watching a movie I had never seen before.

It was pretty late, but I wasn't exactly surprised to see them still awake. I made my presence known by clearing my throat. Everyone except Thor turned around to looked at me. (I guessed that Thor either really liked this movie or he just didn't want me to get mad again.)

Tony tried to pause the movie (but Thor wouldn't let him) and said, "What's up?"

I shrugged, "Not much. Whatcha watchin?"

Peter answered for him, "Harry Potter."

I frowned, "Isn't that a book?" I'm pretty sure that Annabeth has read that before.

Peter nodded, "Yeah, there are seven books, have you read them?"

"Nah, but I'm pretty sure my girlfriend has."

Tony stepped in after that, "So it's really true? You actually have a girlfriend?"

I rolled my eyes, "Yeah, is it really that hard to believe?"

"Yes."

"Can I see a picture of her?" Peter asked.

I didn't really know how to respond, and they were looking at me expectantly.

So eventually I just said, "No..." Dragging the 'N' out.

Tony looked a little taken aback.

Then he gathered himself and said a bit suspiciously, "Why not..." While squinting his eyes at me.

I shrugged, "'Cause I don't want to show you a picture of her, that's all."

Peter seemed understanding and turned back around and watched the movie, but Tony wasn't having it.

"I just want to see a picture of her? Is that so much to ask?"

I was quite pissed at this point, "Yes, actually. Yes, that is too much to ask! Because I don't want to show you a picture of her! I just don't feel like it! Maybe I'll show you a picture tomorrow, but not right now, I'm tired," (No I'm not), "And I've had a long day, all I want to do is find my room and go to sleep!"

Everyone was silent.

The only thing that was making noise was the movie.

That's when Peter got up and looked at his phone.

"Oh! Gee, look at the time! May will be worried, I better get home," And with that, he got up, put on his mask (He hadn't brought any extra clothes, so he had been wearing his weird costume thing this whole time.) and promptly proceeded to jump out the window.

Thor took this as his cue to leave as well, "Well, my friends, while this has been very enjoyable, I believe it is time for me to...how do you say it on Midgard...ah yes, 'Hit the hay.'" And he to walked off, to gods' know where.

"Whimp," Tony whispered under his breath.

"Agreed," I said while nodding.

He turned back to me and glared.

You best believe I glared right back.

After about a minute of giving each other the death glare, he said, "Listen, I don't like you, I don't trust you, and something fishy is going on here. Don't think that just because you're my 'Nephew,' or whatever doesn't mean that I won't hesitate to throw you out to protect the Avengers. They are my family more than you will ever be."