CHAPTER 25

CLINT P.O.V

God, I hate missions.

That's all I have to say.

Bye.

~~~

NATASHA P.O.V

Clint and I were on a top-secret mission for S.H.I.E.L.D.

A very boring mission, might I add.

After a long two weeks of doing literally nothing, Fury called us and said he had a separate mission, no elaboration, he just told us to meet him back at Base and hung up.

Clint and I were confused, to say the least.

But we figured that Fury would debrief us at Base.

"What do you think the mission is?" Clint asked as we were flying back.

"No clue," I responded.

He just nodded, and we fell back into silence.

"How're the kids?" I asked after about 5 minutes.

He gave a small chuckle, "They're safe, and that's really all that matters right now."

"Clint..."

A sigh.

"Laura wants me to come back home."

"Do you want to, though?"

He sighed again.

"Of course I do, but...you and I both know I can't."

"Clint, it wasn't your fault."

"Yeah. Yeah, it was. I became a monster, Nat."

"Clint, you can't keep taking mission after mission. You have to go back at some point...and I know you want to go back."

"But I can't, no matter how much I want to, I can't let my kids see me like this...I can't let my wife see me like this."

"But you're better now. After the Blip...yeah, you made some stupid choices, but you can't keep living in the past. You have to move forward." Clint didn't seem to understand. He was ashamed, but that shouldn't keep him from his family.

"After this new mission," I said, knowing that this probably wasn't gonna end well, "You're going to see them."

He shot me a glare, "No, I'm not."

I smirked, "Yeah, ya are."

And it basically went on like that till we landed.

When we got out of the Quinjet, we were met with a very pissed-looking Fury.

Clint and I shared a look of confusion and walked forward to meet him.

"Director," we said, with a small dip of our heads.

"Agent Romanoff, Agent Barton," he responded, dipping his head, as well, "We have a problem."

"What is it?" Clint asked.

"I'm getting there," Fury said, silencing him with a glare.

But once Fury's back was turned, Clint rolled his eyes.

I stifled a laugh, shooting Clint a, 'Knock it off' look.

He shrugged, and we continued to follow the Director.

Once we reached an empty meeting room, Fury led us inside and slammed the door angrily.

Neither of us flinched but instead sat down.