CHAPTER 7

PERCY P.O.V

I looked at Lady as if she was crazy. (She wasn't wearing her name tag, and I had no idea what to call her. So, 'Lady' is what I came up with. Clever, I know.)

"I don't have an Uncle," I said, for the billionth time. Even though she had shown me the test results twice and even explained how they had gotten separated at birth and adopted by polar-opposite families. I still didn't want to believe it.

I refused to believe that in all the years we had suffered on the brink of poverty, that I had a billionaire uncle out there somewhere who had everything he could ever want.

Also, I still had no idea who he was and, with that on my mind, I asked my next question, "Who even is Tony Stark,"

She looked immensely shocked by that.

"He's Iron Man," she said, as though that cleared everything up.

"And what's an 'Iron Man'?"

"Have you ever heard of The Avengers??"

"Ummm, I don't think so."

"Oh. My. Gosh! Well, as you know Tony Stark is a billionaire, but he is also Iron Man, a superhero, he's basically the leader of The Avengers, a team of superheroes, though some people would argue that Captain America is the team leader," I stare at her blankly.

"Well, not all of them have superpowers, like your uncle, for example, he's just got a cool suit that can take down bad people. But everyone still considers him a superhero."

I snorted, "Lady, the fact that I even have an uncle is crazy, but that he's a world-famous billionaire, and superhero. Now that's just crossing the line."

She looked a little hurt but then, tells me in a kind voice, "I understand how hard this must be on you, losing your parents and then finding out that you have a famous uncle, all on the same day. You must be feeling so overwhelmed."

I stared at her. If only she knew everything I had been through, I had been through hell and back, literally.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I am overwhelmed. Before today I thought I didn't have any mortal family other than Mom and Paul. But here I am with a rich, famous, superhero uncle and my parents are gone. On top of all that, it's probably my fault... again.

All I can say is that whoever took my parents, they are going to pay.

A/N: Thank you to whoever is reading this, I know its not a ton of people but I just wanted to let you know that it means a lot to me. Please let me know what you think about the latest chapter. Constructive criticism is greatly appreciated.

-M :)