CHAPTER 20

PETER P.O.V

Okay, so...

I'm legit confused.

What the hell did Mr. Stark mean by 'I gotta go check on my long-lost nephew and Thor, make sure they're playing nice.'

What the heck!?

I rub my temple, felling a major headache coming on, so I get up off my bed and take a few migraine pills, and try to put that in the back of my mind.

He was probably just joking anyway...right?

Yeah, that's it.

Besides, I've got other things to worry about.

I still don't really know what to get MJ...

We've been dating for a few months now but we haven't really been able to spend much time together.

I'm just scared about messing things up with her, I really, really like her...

She's just so...great!

I don't know what it is about her but, I think she might be the one. (Don't you dare tell her I said that.)

Anyway, so I was kind of just sitting on my bed, thinking about what to get her when my Pete- Ah! I mean Spider-Sense (Dang it Mr. Stark!) started going off.

I quickly got into my suit and yelled down to May, telling her I'm going out. She just yelled back, "Okay, don't die!"

I smiled slightly at that, then jumped out the window.

My Spider-Sense has evolved over the past couple of months since I had lost it then got it back. I can now tell when, and where something is happening, I don't need all that extra crap I used to do to tell when and where I'm needed. I just go where ever my Spider-Sense tells me to go, ya know?

So I was just following my SS (A/N: Short for Spider-Sense because I don't feel like typing that out every time) and when I reached Long-Island, it just stopped.

I was confused for a second, then I thought, 'Maybe this is where I need to go.'

So, I found myself walking up the hill, but something felt wrong about this...

I was about to turn around and head back when all of a sudden, it felt like someone was pulling me forward.

I then heard a voice laughing in my head, it sounded vaguely female, but it didn't sound like any woman I had ever hear, it's laugh felt...powerful, dangerous...unworldly.

I looked left and right, desperately trying to find the source of the voice.

I was digging my heels in the dirt, trying to stop from moving forward, but it was a fruitless effort.

The voice was still laughing and I half-shouted, "What do you want?!"

I was starting to really freak out.

Then it spoke.

"Oh, you foolish mortals have no clue what's to come, I am the one who shapes the future. I. Am. Inevitable."

And with that, the force that was pulling me stopped, and I fell backward, tumbling down the hill.

I jumped up and swung away from Long-Island as quickly as I could.

I needed to get to Tony.

Now.

'Well,' I thought, 'There goes my date with MJ.'