Chapter one

"Get back here you little bitch! I wasn't done beating the crap out of you!" Suzie who is 12 years old (Pronounced like Susie) screams at me as I run down the hall and into Paxton's room. Slamming the door shut. Oh where are my manners!? Hi, my name is Jynx. Pronounced Jinx if it isn't already obvious. I live in New York. I'm 10 years old and I was dropped off at Ms. Daisy's Orphanage when I was just a baby. I have black hair, green eyes and stand almost 5 foot. I'm short for my age, about the size of an 8 year old. I get bullied by all the kids here. Well all but one. His name is Paxton and he is 14 years old. He has dirty blonde hair and baby blue eyes. He is of average height for his age. He is like my big brother. He protects me from my bullies when ever he can. He was also here since he was a baby. Nights that I have nightmares he let's me crawl into his bed with him. All the kids in the orphanage goes to a private school. Kindergarten through 12th with K-4th in one wing, 5th-8th in another wing and 9th-12th in another. Our orphanage has a very wealthy donor. This is how we are able to attend a private school. Although no one has actually seen or met the donor. I guess this donor wants to remain anonymous. Anyway back to the current situation. Slamming his door shut I run over to him and hide behind him right as the door swings open.

Suzie - S, Jynx - J, Paxton (Pax)- P

S: Where is that bitch? I have unfinished business to complete. She got me grounded because she told Ms. Daisy I took her diary and read it out loud to everyone.

P: First off don't call my little sister a bitch. And number two, did you take it and read it out loud to everyone else?

S: First she is NOT your little sister, and for your second, of course I did. She has this dream that you and her will be adopted together and become a real family. No one will ever want her as their kid. She is a nobody and she will always be a nobody. Just look at her, crying because she knows it is true.

P: SHUT UP! I don't believe in hitting females but for you I will make an exception. You ever touch Jynx or any of her belongings again I will make sure all of your secrets are exposed.

S: What secrets? I don't have any secrets? Prove it.

P: Really you want me to prove it to you. Okay here goes. How about when I caught you snooping through Ms. Daisy's office, or how about when I caught you with an an 18 year old walking into the boys locker room holding hands. Or how about the time I seen you smoking. Or when I seen...

S: Okay, okay I get it. I won't touch her or her belongings again.(crosses fingers behind her back)

Suzie storms out of the room slamming the door behind her.

P: Jynx, don't listen to her. You are wanted. Just your right family hasn't come along yet. Do you want to sleep in here tonight?

J: I do, but my pj's are in my room. I don't want to go back to that room I share with her.

P: Here wear this and I will turn around so you can change.

I shake my head okay and take the clothes from his hands. Pax turns around and I quickly change into his t-shirt and pair of his baseball shorts. I crawl into his bed and pull the blankets over my head so he can change. Once he is done, he turns the lights off, walks over to the bed, and climbs in behind me. Pulling me into him, holding me tight. I snuggle into him even more if that is even possible.

P: Go to sleep, sis. I will be right here with you until morning.

J: Good night, Pax. Thank you for protecting me and being my big brother. I love you.

P: Good night, Sis. I love you too. (Whispers -->) I will always protect you.

The sun rises meaning morning has come. I groan as I stretch my limbs. I looked over at Paxton and gave him a gentle shake to wake up. Looking at the clock to see it says it is 07:30.(am) "Everyone, it is time for breakfast." Was heard over the intercom. We got up and made our way to the dining hall.

MS. Daisy - MD

MD: Alright, now children listen up. After breakfast, there is going to be a nice family here looking for a new addition to their family. I want you all to finish up eating and go get ready in your best clothes. Be down here by 09:00.(am)

J: Excuse me, Ms. Daisy, do you think they will take Paxton from me? (Tears in her eyes)

MD: Awe, sweetheart, I tell you this every time this happens, but I don't know. I can't promise you anything, but all I can do is try to keep you both together. But in the end, it is not up to me if a family wants to adopt more than one kid at a time or not. I'm sorry, sweetheart.

J: Okay, Ms. Daisy. I'm sorry I bothered you.

I turn and walk away, heading up to my room to get ready for the day. Letting the tears slip from my eyes like a waterfall. I hope this family doesn't take my brother from me. I will then have no one, I will be left alone in this world.(sniffles) Pulling out a pretty blue sundress with little white and yellow flowers on it. I hope this is nice enough to be shown in. It is summertime, after all. Looking at the clock and it is now only 08:15(am.). "Attention all kids. Due to bad weather the family is now running an hour late. Repeat the family is running an hour late. Another announcement will be made when they arrive. Thank you." Ms. Daisy said over the intercom. So all there is to do now is wait.

___________________
Well, here is the first chapter. I hope you liked it. Vote if it is any good. Thanks for giving this book a chance. Until the next chapter, I bid a farewell. 🙂💜