Chapter five

Jynx POV:

So daddy just told me that they do want me. Filling my heart with happiness. Jumping into his arms, knocking him off balance a little. I wrap my arms around his neck, giving him one of the best hugs I can give. Well, I like to think so anyway. Finally realizing what was going on, he wrapped his arms tightly around me. Picking me up and spinning me around. In the mist of giggling from happiness, I start yawning.

D: Baby, go to sleep. We will be here when you wake in the morning.

J: I can't. I didn't set the fireflies free yet.

M: Don't worry, baby, I can do that for you.

J: But I wanted to see them all fly away. (Small frown on her face)

D: Next time, princess, next time. Let's get you to bed, shall we. You too, Paxton, off to bed, you go.

Mommy kissed mine and Paxton's forehead and gave a gentle pat on the butt to Paxton. Since I was in daddy's arms, my butt was safe. Haha. Daddy then carried me up the stairs with Paxton following right behind us. Mommy is calling over to us saying "good night, and I love you both!" Making it to my opened the door and walked over to my bed. Paxton pulled the covers back, and Daddy placed me in the bed. Pax pulling the covers back over me and tucking me in like a burrito. Pax kissing my cheek good night.

J: Good night, Paxton. I love you. Good night, Daddy. I love you too. Oh, Daddy, can you tell Mommy good night and I love her too?

D: (Chuckles)Good night, baby. I love you 2, and I will tell Mommy for you.

P: Good night, little sister. I love you. Sweet dreams.

J: Sweet dreams.

And with that, they turned off my light and walked out the door, leaving it open just a crack. Just enough for the hall night light can be seen. I told them I didn't want a night light because I wanted to start being a big girl, but then Paxton told them I had one at the orphanage. So they made me a deal. A deal that I would leave my door open just enough for the hall nightlight could be seen, or I would have to have on in my room. I chose the hallway. Closing my eyes, I drift off to sleep.

(Dream)(this is before Mr. and Mrs. King)

(Dream parents will be speaking as M(Mom) and D(Dad) they ARE NOT MR. and MRS. KING. ----THANK YOU! I just don't want any confusion!)🛑🚧Warning this may be a trigger to some. Please, if you don't feel comfortable reading this part, please skip ahead!!!!!🚧🛑

I'm in the kitchen making dinner for my new mommy and daddy. When daddy comes in, yelling at me and mommy following right behind him.

D: WHERE IS DINNER AT YOU BRAT? YOU HAVE BEEN HERE FOR TWO WEEKS NOW! YOU SHOULD KNOW BY NOW THAT YOU ARE TO HAVE DINNER READY BY THE TIME I GET HOME FROM WORK! AND YOU HAVE YET TO CLEAN THIS HOUSE FROM TOP TO BOTTOM!

M: Hurry up with dinner you little slut!

J: Yes daddy. Yes mommy. I'm sorry. I will not let it happen again.

D: DON'T YOU EVER CALL ME DADDY AGAIN! YOU UNDERSTAND ME BITCH?

J: Y-yes S-sir. D-d-dinner is done n-now s-s-sir.

D: GOOD! SERVE US THEN GO TO YOU ROOM AND BE READY FOR YOUR PUNISHMENT!

M: This punishment is gonna be a good one!

I quickly served them their dinner and ran up to my room. If you can even call it a room. It is a tiny attic with a stain glass window and a old worn out mattress. Scared and shaking in the corner waiting for what is to come to me. When about 15 minutes later my door is slammed open with so much force that the handle went into the wall and got stuck. In walks daddy and mommy oh sorry sir and ma'am. He grabs me by the hair and takes a big swing at my stomach. Knocking the air out of me. He let's go of my hair and I drop to the floor from the lack of air. Ma'am then takes a very hard swing with her foot connecting it with head. Now seeing stars and black dots. Sir now taking his belt off and he pulls my shirt off and rolls me to me stomach. Sir then begins to whip my back with his belt, and I cry out in pain. I'm begging both of them to please stop. Both laughed in my face as they continued to beat me until I fell unconscious. I'm sure they drew blood. They aren't happy until my blood is drawn.

(🛑🚧Warning is ended. It is safe to read again🚧🛑)

(02:00)(2:00am)

I sit straight up in bed, panting like a dog but without the tongue out. My breathing gets caught in my chest, and I start to panic even more. I'm trying to call out for help, but only whimpers of pain escaped. Sweat now pouring off me. It hit me, I'm having a panic attack. My whimpering must have been loud enough for my door to open pretty fast. Daddy, Mommy, Paxton, and even Uncle Hayden came running in. But I'm afraid they were just a tad bit late. I started to see black dots, and all heard was, "Baby girl, stay with us!" and I was out just that fast.

Paxton's POV:

I heard whimpering coming from Jynx's room. I look at the clock and I see it is only 2am. I get up and walk over to my door, and I see mom, dad at their door, and Uncle Hayden at his. Hearing the whimpering again, we all rush to Jynx's room.  is having a panic attack." I heard dad say. I watch as Uncle Hayden rushes up to her, and that's when I hear Uncle Hayden speak.

UH: Baby girl, stay with us!

____________________
Here is another chapter for you all. I hope it was good. Thank you all for giving my book or books a try. If you enjoyed reading this chapter, please leave a vote 🗳. Until next time. 🙂💜