2. Remember To Tell

Rivia: Outskirts of Ajayib, In the middle of Desert Zawiyah

Thunder

"Thunder, hurry!" A child's voice sounded right ahead of him as he looked towards the little boy who's jumping and waving excitedly from the mid of the sand dune.

"Slow down!" he hissed, leaping forward to transform into his panther form while trying to catch up.

"I'll leave you behind if you're any slower!" Arell shouted.

Thunder roared, but Arell didn't heed to his warning. The child continued to make his way up the steep dune and stood proudly with both hands on his hips when he managed to reach the top first. Thunder made to the top eventually but was slightly breathless at this point as he glared towards the playful brat who's smiling cheekily by his side. 

"Too old to run?" Arell teased. 

Thunder crouched forward and went back to his human form. Hurling the child up into his arm, he pinched him on the cheek, "I'm only a few years older than your mother, you little rascal." 

"Mother said you were already a big panther when she was a child!" Arell frowned, stretching his arms out to draw a big circle. "And Mother also said that bad people who tell lies would have long noses!" 

"Is my nose long?" Thunder asked, pinching his own nose questioningly. 

"No?" The child dropped his head to the side, seemingly examining Thunder's face carefully. 

"There you have it," Thunder grinned, flicking Arell's forehead. "I'm neither a bad person nor one to tell lies." 

The child scrunched his face grumpily and smacked hard on his nose. Taken by surprise, Thunder loosened his hold and Arell had escaped nimbly. Rubbing on his nose that still stung from the hit, he yelled angrily towards the child, "You!"

As always, the playful imp only stuck his tongue out and hurried through the dense forest of greens towards the hidden oasis that both of them had found while they were travelling across the desert the other day. Out of spite, Thunder strode forward and hauled the child into his arms again. Arell shrieked at the suddenness and struggled in an attempt to remove himself from the firm hold. 

"Move and I'll drop you into the waters," Thunder cautioned, moving towards the banks of the lake. 

"You won't," Arell retorted.

"Try me." Thunder straightened his arms and held the child out by his underarms, positioning him above the waters. A sad frown pulled at the corner of Arell's lips and he looked rather pitiful as his eyes watered slightly with tears. A pang of emotions struck right into Thunder's heart and he pulled his arms in together with the child. He patted on his small back and apologised, "Alright, I went overboard." 

Arell giggled mischievously and pulled on Thunder's ear before wrapping his small arms tightly around his neck and clung onto him with all his might.