18. Wedding Night

Iftia: Lyx Palace, Matrimonial Bedchambers

Elianna

Sitting atop of the velvet sheets of the matrimonial bed, Elianna wasn't quite sure why the thought that Rowan may enter any time now had set her heart thumping in a feverish pace.

A while ago, Kiran and Jana had helped her out of the wedding dress. Accessories, laces and layers. It was a rather tedious task and by the time they helped her into the bath, she already felt worn out from all the trouble and time taken to remove everything. After a comforting bath and a light meal, they had dressed her up for the wedding night.

Elianna cleared her throat and looked down, peeking at the layer underneath the blush silk robe and blushed furiously. Good heavens. The sheer white dress she wore underneath did almost nothing to hide the contours of her body, instead, they clung tight to her skin to reveal every curve. Hastily pulling onto the silk robe, she fumbled to wrap herself and conceal her embarrassment.

She froze the moment she heard a clear click on the door and Rowan had appeared right behind. He was dressed in a dark robe, loosely tied at the waist to reveal his firm chest and those perfectly tight ridges that sculpted his body. Elianna clutched tighter onto the smooth silk of her robe as she swallowed a nervous gulp.

"Why do you look anxious?" Rowan laughed in a mellow, deep manner that nearly caused her to jump. She watched as he made his way to the table placed at the corner and poured a glass of wine. Holding it towards her, he asked, "Would you like to have some?"

"Y-Yes," she stammered, feeling that some wine might help to rush some of the nerves out of her mind.

He handed a glass to her and she quickly emptied the contents in a single gulp. Feeling a burn trailing down her throat, her face scrunched tightly and she shook her head, wanting to erase the uncomfortable feeling.

"Eli?" Rowan called her name in a question, his tone concerned. Resting his own glass down, he walked towards the side of the bed where she sat. He lowered himself on a knee and rested his palms on her flushed cheeks, facing her directly. His brilliant blue eyes bore into hers, and she held onto her breath as her eyes widened. He asked slowly, "Are you okay, love?"

Not knowing how to answer him, her face heated embarrassingly. She nodded slightly before lowering her head further and burying her face into his palms. He chuckled, softly and tenderly, and said, "If you're going to be so adorable, I'm not going to hold back anymore, my wife."

She let out a soft grumble and he withdrew his hands, landing one on her waist and the other on the back of her knees to lift her up. Surprised by the sudden action, she instinctively found support by folding her arms around his neck. He held onto her firmly and moved them into the bed. He placed her into the soft sheets and his large frame towered over her. Elianna let out a surprised shriek, "R-Rowan!"