42. A True Family

2 months later

2 months later.
Thethia: Royal Palace, Hallway.

Arell

"Arell!"

Two loud, cheerful shrieks filled the hallway as two children ran towards his direction with their arms spread wide and bright, beaming grins on their faces. Arell burst out a laugh and lowered himself to receive two crushing hugs from either side of him. Their slightly damped blonde hair tickled against his cheeks when they snuggled tight into the curve of his neck. He laughed, "Why are both of you running around with light dressing and wet hair?"

"Evelyn! Emery!" Aunt Elizabeth was breathlessly chasing behind the twins, stopping when she spotted him and she heaved out the heaviest sigh of relief, "Thank goddess, my good nephew, you saved my life!"

"Aunt Elizabeth," Arell chuckled, greeting her with a light tone. Scooping the two munchkins who were stuck to him, he carried them up in his arms and walked towards his aunt. He poked fun, "Uncle Finneas ran away from bathing duties again?"

"Don't remind me of him," Aunt Elizabeth grumbled. "These two are already giving me a hard time."

"I'll give you a hand," Arell laughed, tugging the two four-year-olds closer to him.

"Finneas would be so jealous if he saw this," Aunt Elizabeth laughed without any reservations. "You know how much he dotes on these two but they are just so attached to you. In fact, every child is attached to you. Are you sure you're not gifted to be the best babysitter in the entire realm instead?"

"Aunt Elizabeth!" Arell groaned in a complaining tone, embarrassed by her comment. But her aunt only let out another peal of hearty laughter, causing the poor boy to grow red. 

"It's just too bad that Elianna couldn't bear a second child, you would've been the best older brother."

"It's really fine," Arell smiled. "I have enough little sisters to take care of."

━━━━━━━━━━

Thethia: Royal Palace, Garden

Indira

Her eyes were trained on some two annoying brats who kept following behind her brother. She sat in the garden chair, sullen with her hands placed on her lap and a small pout that displayed her displeasure to the scene that she was witnessing. A feeling of loneliness grew within her but that unhappiness quickly disappeared when she heard the lilting laughter from her mother, "Indira, you can go ahead to play with them." 

Indira stayed silent for a moment before refocusing her gaze on her mother, she stared right into her beautiful pale eyes as they sparkled with affection and adoration for her. The child smiled in return, "How are you feeling, mama?" 

"Mother is feeling fine, my darling," Mother reached for her hair to pick out a petal that had fallen in between her wavy brown strands. She commented, "Thethia is a nice place to be, don't you think?"