𝗶𝘅. 𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗲

-', ❝(009: 𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗲) ꒱ ↷👽🛸❞

"아홉"

IT WAS STRANGE TO SEE TAEHYUNG so amazed by something so simple and common like a grocery store.

He walked beside Aspen, looking around at all the aisles of food and other things. His dark eyes sparkled with wonder wanting to wander around and touch things, see what they were and what they would do. The food on Earth was far different from the food on his planet.

Aspen had ordered him to keep at least one hand on the cart at all times and that's what he did, denying his urge to touch things like a small child. She didn't want him to break anything.

While Taehyung was in his own little wonderland, Aspen was throwing food into the cart, enough food to last the 2 of them, and occasionally Jin when he comes over, for a while. Sure, it would blow a hole in her savings and completely discard her budget, but she had priorities, like feeding a constantly hungry and curious alien when crash-landed in her backyard.

"What is that?" Taehyung asked, pointing to the alcohol section of the store as all the bottles of wine. Aspen shook her hand and turned the cart away, dragging Taehyung along with her. "Nope."

Taehyung looked at her with a sort of confused pout on his face. "What? I do not get it." He was genuinely confused, looking back to the alcohol with curiosity.

"It's nothing. I'm just not sure I want you surrounded by glass. Turn too fast and you might take the whole shelf down." Aspen commented. She also feared what effects alcohol would have on him. It was better if she avoid the situation altogether. "Now, come on, we gotta go the long way to get the cookies."

Taehyung didn't know what cookies were, but if he could eat it then it was fine with him, so he just shrugged and shuffled along with the car as they left the aisle. They got their cookie dough and off they went to get some fruits and vegetables.

"Earth has Rahhea?" Taehyung pointed out the large bin of dragon fruit, completely discarding Aspen's rule of one hand on the cart. He picked up the fruit and smiled. "That is intriguing."

Aspen had no ideas what "Rahhea" was but she knew that was a dragon fruit. "I don't know what you're talking about. That's a dragon fruit." Taehyung stared for a long while, examining the fruit, turning it in his hand. "It looks similar to a fruit we have on my planet." Finally, he turned to look at Aspen, and with a blank stare, he said,

"I want it."

Aspen pursed her lips. "Nigga, you can ask." Taehyung raised a brow at her. "What is a ni-" two hands were slapped over his mouth before he could say it. In hindsight, Aspen probably should have told him not to say it beforehand.

"Don't say that. Never, ever, under any circumstances do you say that word, okay?" She kept her hands clamped over his mouth, waiting for him to give any confirmation that he understood. He looked slightly scared, mostly confused, and nodded slowly.