𝘅𝘅𝗶𝗶. 𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆 𝘁𝘄𝗼

-', ❝(022: 𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆 𝘁𝘄𝗼) ꒱ ↷👽🛸❞

"스물 둘"

TAEHYUNG SAT BESIDE THE WINDOW, eyes staring at the little green plant sprouting from the clay pot, the first sign of life. He was amazed by this tiny little thing, so small and seemingly insignificant, but it meant the entire world to Taehyung.

In his hand, he held a plastic watering can that Aspen had bought him so that he could water and take care of his plants. She wanted him to have a hobby, something to do other than lying around, waiting for her to get done with work or errands. Sure, he cleaned the house, but that wasn't much fun.

He work diligently to keep his plants alive and growing. He loved them. To see life grow right before his eyes was...truly a beautiful sight. Now, he would sit there and stare at them, nearly all day long, watching as time passed and they got bigger.

Taehyung raised his arm with the black, plastic watering can and tipped it. The water sprayed over the plants, wetting their leaves and the soil that their roots were buried in.

Aspen soon came over with two cups of tea, handing one off to Taehyung as he out down the pot. She looked up at him, the fondness and wonder in his eyes as the sight of his creation.

Something like this seemed so little to her, but it meant the world to Taehyung. His world...was lifeless. Everything was artificial. Even the people who resided on it. It was too cold to have proper agriculture on it, the soil was frozen.

But this...this was life. It's amazing and great and beautiful.

And Taehyung fell in love with it. Fell in love with life and Earth.

He fell in love with Aspen.

"They're growing so fast." Taehyung whispered with wonder. Aspen chuckled as she sipped her tea. "Yeah, but you have to keep watering them or they'll die. Once a day." She had explained to him how to properly take care of plants. She wrote it down and everything for him.

Taehyung nodded. He loved life, but it was fragile. One mistake and it would wither away and die.

Humans were very similar. They were pack beings. They stayed together, they craved interaction and attention. You leave them alone with their feelings and themselves. They'd crumble.

Some humans even take their own lives.

Taehyung had to be sure that he cared for Aspen as carefully, diligently and passionately as he cared for his plants. He had to make sure she would grow and blossom into a beautiful flower.

"You're doing a great job." Aspen told him, getting up on her toes to kiss his cheek. "If you keep it up. Maybe I'll buy you that tree you wanted."

Taehyung's eyes brightened. They were at Lowe's, looking for more plants for Taehyung to take care of when they got to the small trees. Taehyung wanted one, picking so many out that he was practicing buried in them. Aspen told him that maybe he should work up to it, so they started off small.