𝘅𝘅𝗶𝘅. 𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆 𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗲

-', ❝(029: 𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆 𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗲) ꒱ ↷👽🛸❞

"이십 구"

"NAMJOON." Taehyung spoke, his voice shaky as he tried to remain strong in front of the man he's known and looked up to for the longest time.

His older brother. They come from not the same parents, but the same unit along with maybe 20 other children. They were considered "brothers".

"Taehyung." Namjoon responded, his deep voice curt and strong as he took a step closer. His eyes trailed down to Aspen who stood close to Taehyung, in front of him, as if she were trying to protect him. She gazed at him with distrust, with fear. Her fear meant nothing

"Who is this?" Namjoon asked, looking at Aspen with hard, emotionless eyes. He felt nothing towards her. She was a native inhabitant of this planet, nothing more.

"Namjoon, this is Aspen. Aspen this is Namjoon...my brother." Taehyung spoke hesitantly, putting his arms around Aspen, pulling her back against him. He was protecting her as well. They clung to each other as if they would be torn away from each other any moment now.

Aspen knew, in her but that his Namjoon person was here to take Taehyung away. She wouldn't let him. She couldn't.

"Aspen has been watching over me while I remained here." Taehyung told Namjoon, who looked back at him with still eyes. At this information, Namjoon's eyes flickered to Aspen for only a moment before returning to him. "Well then, are you ready to come home? We have been searching for you for a while. We only recently pinpointed your exact location. You can return back home now."

Taehyung opened his mouth, looking down at Aspen with soft eyes. "I...I don't want to come home, Namjoon." He told him, holding Aspen tighter to him. "I want to stay here."

Namjoon's eyebrows furrowed. It was the first show of emotion that he had made since he got here. Confusion. "You...don't want to come home?" It didn't make sense to him in the slightest.

Taehyung nodded. This was his home now. Earth. Aspen was his home. He wouldn't leave her. He would die before he did. "I want to stay here." He spoke again, even firmer in his stance than before.

Namjoon's lips twisted into a scowl, confusion and disgust crossed his beautiful features. "But, Taehyung, you must!" He demanded. "They will send more people after you."

Taehyung shook his head. "I don't care. I'm not leaving! I'm not leaving her." He referred to Aspen.

Namjoon looked back at the woman who looked rather small in comparison to the two of them. "What did you do to him?!" He walked closer to Aspen, only for Taehyung to pull her behind him, standing in between the two as a solid wall of protection. They stared each other down, demanding that the other see reason.

"She didn't do anything to me." Taehyung told him. "I am being myself. I like it here...I love it here..." He looked back at Aspen. "I love her. You can't take me away because I am not owned. I am not property that needs to be returned. I'm my own person. I'm a human being."

Namjoon chuckled, shaking his head at Taehyung, refusing to believe what had just come out of his mouth. "You're...sick, Taehyung. You just need to come home and you can get better. You'll go back to normal. You have been on this miserable planet for far too long."

Aspen stood behind Taehyung, listening as she peeked around Taehyung to look at Namjoon. Tears burned in her eyes at the mere thought of Taehyung leaving. Her fingers tightened on the cotton fabric of his shirt.

"I'm not going anywhere!" Taehyung barked at him. Namjoon's jaw clenched with anger. "Yes you are! And if I have to pry you away from her than I will! They will kill us both!"

Taehyung said nothing in return. He wouldn't leave. He couldn't. It would rip him apart. It would kill him. But Namjoon was right.

Taehyung felt Aspen grab his wrist, forcing him to turn back to look at her. She was crying. Tears streaked her cheeks like small rivers, wet and heartbroken. She couldn't bear to look at him, but he knew what she was trying to tell him.

An unfamiliar feeling came over Taehyung, a painful lump burned in his tightened throat and his eyes began to gloss over. "No." He whispered with desperation. "Aspen, no."

Aspen stepped forward, around Taehgung to talk to Namjoon. She stood inches away from the tall man, looking up at him with tear-filled eyes. "Will they really come and kill him?" She asked him. That was all that mattered to her. Taehyung's safety.

Namjoon nodded. "That's what they do to defects. They'll kill me to because that's what they do if you fail." He explained to her. "They may even kill you for being in the way."

Aspen looked back to Taehyung who was shaking his head. Tears swell in the ducts of his eyes before dripping down his cheeks.

He as crying.

Something that he didn't get before, he understood now. It hurt. It hurt so bad to think of a life without Aspen in it. It was ripping him up. Tearing at him from the inside out. He couldn't leave her. It would kill him to leave her

"No, no, no." He repeated over and over like a broken record stuck on repeat. Aspen approached him carefully and the moment she got close enough, Taehyung grasped her. "No, please. I-I don't want to go. Aspen please, I don't...want to leave you. I can't leave...you." He begged her not to let this happen, sobbing.

"Please."

Aspen couldn't let him stay here. It was for his own good. At least he'd be alive, even if they were millions of light-years apart. They'd always be together in spirit. They'd always have their memories.

"You have to go, Tae. You have to." Aspen told him, pulling him into tight hug. Taehyung buried his face into her hair, this being the last time he may ever get to do this again. To hug her, to touch her, to ever see the light of her face again.

"I love you." He whispered. "I'm sorry I didn't say it sooner. I love you so much." He kissed her head. He needed her to know that. His love for her knows no bounds, even light years apart he would love her.

"I love you too." Aspen let out in a sob. She moved Taehyung's head and kissed him once more, one last time. She kissed him hard, but also softly, holding him tight.

Namjoon felt pity. This world had changed him and he had grown attached to this feeble human. He couldn't begin to understand the pain he felt, but he had a duty to complete, even if that meant tearing away everything Taehyung every cared about.

"It's time to go." Namjoon spoke, keeping his voice stable and emotionless. Taehyung looked to him and he held onto Aspen.

"Please." Taehyung pleaded one last time, the last dying hope of a man in love. Namjoon only looked away. "You know I can't."

Taehyung sighed and wiped his tears as he slowly walked over to his older brother. He couldn't bring himself to look back at Aspen as she let out a heartbreaking sob.

If he looked back at her, he'd surly die because he wouldn't be able to leave.

"I love you." He told her one last time without looking back at her. He got into the ship with Namjoon following after him.

Aspen watched through her tears and blurred vision and the ship rose into the sky before disappearing in the blink of an eye.

He was gone.

And Fin. Yeah, I know it ended on a bad note, but not all stories have a good ending and I'm just playing with you. There's still one more chapter left before the Epilogue.

Did I get you guys? Probably not, but a girl can try.

Thank you all for reading. I hope you guys enjoyed and I wish you all a great day/night

사랑해

~Kay (人*'∀`)。*゚+