Part 1

You open your eyes to the sun beaming through your window. You were at your desk in your chair with your head on your desk. You lift your head and rub your eyes. You grab your binder that was next to you. It was a half-length that was close to your skin tone. You pull off the hoodie you were wearing and tug on the binder in the bathroom.

After adjusting yourself to your binder you put on the outfit you picked the day before. You were now wearing blue jeans that you cuffed at the bottom, due to how the jeans were a little too big, a white t-shirt, and a green and white plaid button-up that you left unbuttoned, and some white shoes. You look at yourself in the mirror and smile a bit. You wash your face and brush your teeth like normal. You mess up your hair and smile at the odd wave it was doing over your forehead. 

You walk out of the bathroom and walk over to your dresser where you had a few bracelets and things of the sort. You put on a rainbow wrist band on the hand you write with, not because you were queer, you liked how the colors brought more to the outfit.

You grab your homework and put it in your backpack and grab your phone and charger. You take a glance at your anime figures your dad had bought for you and smile at the fond memory you had. You had to admit, you were pretty spoiled.

You run downstairs with everything you needed and smile at the smell. You look into the kitchen and see your dad in a pink 'Kiss the cook' apron. You laugh and he turns around. "I look hot in pink, okay?" He says with a sassy and joking voice. You give him a weird look and he gives you a funny smile.

"How's my little man?" You hear your father say and you get side hugged. "Aww!!" Your dad whines. "Little as always. How about my lovely father?" You ask. "Lovely as always." He says and kisses you on the cheek. "Burning!!" Your dad says and you smell pancakes being burned.

You push your dad out of the way a bit and get a mitten and put it on, then take the pan, turn off the stove and turn on the fan. Your father was already opening windows to get the smell out. "The one day I let you cook." He says and checks the time. "You're gonna be late if you don't leave now."

You look at the time on your phone. "Ah! You're right! See ya!" You say and rush to the door and grab the keys off the side table. You run back up to them and give them both a kiss on the cheek before you leave and your father tossed a hoodie at you because it was cold out. You run out as you wrap the hoodie around your waist, you noticed it wasn't yours, it was his.

"Love you!" You hear your dad yell. "Love you too!" You yell back and run to the bus stop that was a minute away.

You see your friends up ahead and run to them. "Yo!" You yell and jump behind them and get a few curses and a yell. You laugh.

"What the hell, Y/N," Trevor says as he catches his breath from the screech he let out. "Nice one, I raised you well," Ryan says. There were a few other people there but they were irrelevant compared to Ryan and Trevor.

~Time skip to after school~

The bell rings and as soon as you get up you were out the door, not like you hated the class, you wanted to get home and see your parents. 

You had a bad feeling as if something awful happened. You walk out of the building with a few friends glancing at you. You rush off the school grounds and start to run home. You didn't want to wait for the bus. You soon saw smoke in the not-so-far distance and felt your heart drop. You ran faster.

You finally get there to see your house swallowed in flames with a fire truck outside trying to put out the house. People were gathering around. Your eyes widen. "FATHER! DAD!" You scream and try to run into the building but get pulled back. You feel someone pull you away from the building. "LET GO!" You yell and hit the arms that were holding you back.

-Time skip-

-A few hours later-

You were sitting in a hospital. The guy that held you back was now sitting next to you. You learned his name was Toby. He looked about your age. You brush your short hair out of your face as a doctor walks your way.

They stop in front of you and you look up. "Are they okay?" You say with a broken tone. The doctor looks at Toby then back to you. "Your father is still alive but he is in bad condition. He won't make it past the night. Your dad passed in the fire." The doctor says, almost cruelly.

Tears fell from your face. "C-can I sit with my father?" You ask. The doctor nods and you stand up, he leads you to a room filled with monitors and wires that are connected to your father.

He was burned to an unrecognizable state. You sit in the chair next to him. "Mr. L/N, your son is here to see you." The doctor says in a soft voice. You see his eyes open a bit and so does his mouth. "Y/N..." He says and his eyes drag over to you. "I'm here." You say as you try to hold back tears. You knew these would be his last moments, you didn't want him to see you like this.

"Is your dad okay?" He asks sounding scratchy, but it was still him so it didn't matter. "He's better, father. He's safe." You say the best you could. "You're a bad liar." He says and you feel tears drip down your face again. "We love you, so so much, Y/N."

You wipe your tears on the jacket he had given you this morning. "You're never alone, we will be there no matter what." The monitors start beeping as your fathers' eyes rested on you as he passed.

You were shooed out of the room, you look back inside the room to see a vase of white roses with Italian Ruscus around it. Everlasting love and humility.