Part 8

Sorry, it's taking so long to get things out, my motivation is dying and I've been feeling sick for a while now. I hope you all remember how valid you are and how much I care about you.

Also, some of you guys have some weird reading list names. I saw one like "butter my butthole" lmao. It makes my day so much better.

-Time skip-

You found Toby in a few minutes, he was hiding close to you. You walked around and looked for anything notably different. You spot a dirty yellow and black but see the colors quickly move away in a different direction. You quickly run after who you now knew was Brian. Toby followed behind you. You split from Toby and motion for him to keep chasing him. You knew he was going to circle back around once he reached the fence so you head towards the fence but farther from Toby.

You climb up a tree and within a few minutes, Brian came running by. You jump down in front of him and he stops quickly but not fast enough to run away. You bop him on the head. You get a whiff of smoke again and feel your stomach turn.

You went to cover your mouth and nose but feel your mask instead. Toby was bragging for you. You knew Tim was somewhere around, he was watching you from a high place.

You look around and see him chilling in a tree while looking down at you guys. He was watching you though. You motion for him to come down, he came down because he knew you wouldn't go up there. He knew you didn't feel good.

You pat him on the arm as a tag. "I'm gonna head back now." You say and turn around to walk back home.

Tim joined you on the walk back. He stayed silent for most of the time.

Brian had caught up and told you Toby stayed behind and would come back later.

-Time skip-

-When you get back-

You walk in last and look back as you close the door. "Tea. Let's go." Brian says to Tim and they both walk to the kitchen. You stand there for a few seconds before you hear people talking upstairs.

You run your hands against the rail as you walk up the stairs.

Your chest felt heavy and it felt hard to breathe for a moment. You walk up to your room slowly and open the door.

Cool air hits your face and you look into your room, the lights were turned off but your window was open and you could see the sun setting. You had been out there longer than you thought.

You sigh and your face starts to feel warm. "Y/N? Are you alright?" You hear BEN and turn around. You see him and Jeff walking by. Jeff didn't seem to care until he looks at you. "Yeah. Why?" You ask and feel something run down your face. "You're crying?" He says like you were stupid.

You raise your hand and wipe the tears off your face. "Ah. Sorry." You say and step back into your room and slowly close your door. "Uh. Bye." You shut and lock your door.

You lean your back against your door and take a deep breath. You take off your hoodie and slip off your fingerless gloves. You adjust your binder and sit still holding back useless tears. You slide to the floor so you were laying down, your body sprawled out.

You hear a knock on your door. You hold your breath for a second. "Hey. Y/N?" You hear Toby say. "Do you wanna make bracelets for the rest of the night and chill?"

You get up and crack the door open and sniffle quietly and wipe your face quickly. "Yeah hold on. Let me get changed." You say and close the door again. You skip back to your closet and grab the jacket your father gave you and go back to the door as you pull down on it.

You open the door again and let Toby in. He closed the door behind him as you got your mass amount of beads and string. You had a large variety of beads, letter beads, string, glow string, etc. He sat on the floor and you sat next to him. You opened the beads and cut off a long piece of string so you could make a few for different people as Toby ranted about how cool you were when you were trying to find them.

He stopped in the middle of his sentence and leaned towards you. "What's wrong?" He asks. You look up and he puts his hand on your head. The corner of your mouth twitches up a bit. "I'm fine, Toby." You say, trying to reassure him. "I'll survive."

He looks heartbroken when you say that. You continue to what you were doing and put ten beads on your string then put the end of the string through the other side of the last one. You hold the smaller end of the string with your middle and pointed finger then add three more to the string. Toby follows, unknowing of what else he could say.