Part 11

-Time skip-

-The next day-

You walked towards town with your backpack. Your job was to send someone a message with Tim and Brian but they fell out, so it was just you. Tim gave you a pep talk since you had to do this on your own and told you what to do. 

Easy enough, yell at him, threaten him, and escape. He was just at the edge of town next to the forest, next to your old house.

You see the trees become fewer and fewer. The trees end and you see a familiar house, you look at the address again, then the picture. That's the house you needed, you slip your mask on.

The guy you were going for threatened to show proof that you guys exist and you weren't just an urban legend. No one would believe him anyway but this was just to stay safe.

You walked behind his house and jump the wall. It was a small trashy house that looked like it was falling apart and it had garbage bags sitting outside.

How the hell could someone like this have such important information?

You find a window to jump through and climb up to it. You slowly and quietly open it so you could squeeze in.

You look around the room you were in, it looked like a depression room. Clothes were everywhere, garbage was spiling out of the can next to a desk that was littered with papers and dishes. You cringe internally, this room had seen better days. 

You hear footsteps walking up and the door opens. You grab him by his sleeves and throw him to the ground, you shove your hand into your backpack and pull out the gun Hoodie loaned you.

"You're one of those murderers?" He says looking scared in the most movie man way possible. "No, I'm the mailman that banged your wife." You say sarcastically. Toby and BEN would be proud of you. 

"You have the goods?" You ask, hinting towards the evidence he had of them. He nods. "I-In that drawer, the first one on the left." You walk over and keep the gun pointed at him. 

You find a USB stick along with a few blurred pictures of Toby with his axe in someone's skull and Jeff. The two most likely people to get caught doing anything murderous. 

"Wow, these two. That's very unimpressive." You say and hear a click. You turn around and see a gun pointed at you. Maybe you were dumber than you thought. You re-aim and hear two shots go off. He falls over with a bullet in his head.

You feel yourself stumble and drop the gun. Your arm hurt and felt numb at the same time. You slide your bag off and put the gun in it. You lean against the wall and take out your phone. You see a text from Toby from a few hours ago and tap it. It takes you straight to his contact. 

You call him and it rings for a few seconds before he picks up. "Hey, what's up?" He asks. You skip the pleasantries. "Can you tell Jack to be ready for me when I get back?" You say sounding a little out of it. "Yeah, what happened?" He asks sounding alarmed. "I- just let him know." You say and hang up. You couldn't think straight and everything felt fuzzy and blurred. You throw your backpack over your good arm and grab the other.

You had to make it to the trees at least.

You climb out of the window and close it carefully. You pick yourself up and book it towards the trees. You slow down once you get past the fence, luckily you didn't have to climb it because there was a hole in it from some nosy teens or something.

You run back to the house and see Toby and EJ waiting outside for you. Jack rushes towards you and Toby follows. "What did you do?" Toby shrieks at the amount of blood on your hoodie and arm. You drop your bag and push your mask up. "I got evidence." You say and point at your bag. "Badass style." Jack scoffed. "Go back to what you were doing, I can handle this," Jack says and waves for him to leave. Toby leaves hesitantly with your bag to drop it off.

Jack dragged you inside and pushed you into his swivel chair in his room. He carefully took the bullet out as you look away. "You know you're reckless, right?" He asks. "Yeah, sometimes." You say as you hear a muted clink. You look over and see a bullet on a tissue.

You see him pick up a curved needle and something that looked a little like wire. You look away again, within a few minutes you hear him put down things.

"I'm done ." He says and you look over. He tosses you a sucker. "I see you took Toby's advice." You say and take the wrapper off then pop it in your mouth. He walks over to you and presses something to your forehead, it was something like a sticker.

"At this point, anything to keep him from fake being in pain." He says and you hold in a laugh. You were the one to convince Toby to do that. 

"Speaking of pain, you handled that very well." Jack walks over to you and tightly wraps bandages around your arm. "Uh, thanks." You say. "Do you know where Tim and Brian went?"

Jack thinks for a moment. "I think they got stuck with cleaning the basement this year with Toby." He says and ties off the bandages. You nod and get up. "Oh wait, can I keep the bullet?" You ask with a funny smile on your face. He nods and hands you a small plastic jar with the bullet still covered in your blood. You look at it and try to hold back a smile but fail this time.

He was about to say something but he cut himself off with you walking to the door. "Thanks, Jack." You say and wave. He nods and you close the door behind you. 

You walk down the stairs quickly and towards the basement door as you put your bloody hoodie back on to keep warm. You didn't know why they bothered to clean it, no one ever used it. You open the basement door and immediately hear Toby talking. You hear him say something about celebrity crushes or something before Brian smacks a hand over Toby's mouth when he sees you.

"What happened?" Tim asks and pokes Toby in the back with the top of the broom he was holding. "He got shot." "I got shot!" You and Toby say at the same time and you hold up the jar with the bullet in it. 

"Why do you have a sticker on your head?" Toby asks, you shrug and peel it off. You look at it, it was a star with 'Get Well Soon' on it. You thought it was funny so you put it back on your head.

"Can I help you guys clean?" You say as you close the door behind you and walk down the steps. "No, whats wrong with you. You just got shot." Tim says, basically saying your stupid. Brian shook his head, nope. Toby shrugs.