Part 13

-Time skip-

You were awake most of the night, never being able to go back to sleep even after your long walk.

Anyway, you got out of bed and yawned then stretch the tired, as much as you could, out of you. You walk to your closet and look in there for a hoodie, an oversized collared shirt catches your eye. 

You grab the shirt and choose a binder and some jeans from the small shelf in the closet. You rush off to the bathroom and take a quick five-minute shower then quickly put your clothes on. You walk out of the bathroom and look at the time.

It was right about ten in the morning so you walk out of your room and to the stairs. You see a few people in the living room.

"Morning Y/N!" You hear Toby say. "Good morning, Toby." You say, being tired. "You wanna play Hide and Seek today?" He asks, the game sounded more innocent than it was, it was a training game. You nod. You would be about to handle it.

"Nice! Wanna head out in a few? I'll ask if the pair is up to it." He says referring to Tim and Brian. "Sure, I'll go get my stuff." You say and walk back up the stairs. You go straight to your room and grab a few things. A jacket, and your boots, your knife was stuffed in one of the boots. You throw off your shoes and quickly lase up your boots. You tie the jacket around your waist.

You get up and shake your foot to make sure the knife wouldn't stab your foot. You turn around quickly. You rush out and close your door behind you.

You make your way down the stairs and outside, you were first there. You sit down and notice there was less snow than last night but it was still cold. Your jacket would weigh you down if you kept it around your waist so you throw it on.

The door opens and slams shut. You look behind you and see a fuming Brian. You didn't think you'd ever seen him this mad. "You good?" You ask as he sits next to where you stood. 

You hear him let out a long muffled groan. You sit next to him and pat him on the back. "What happened? Did you get teamed with me this time?" You joke. "I did get teamed with you but that's not the problem." He says.

You could tell he was pretty upset about whatever happened. "I'm sure it'll blow over soon and if it doesn't, I'm here to help you." You say, crossing your arms and leaning forward. 

The door opens and shuts. "Ready?" You hear Tim say from behind. You take a deep breath and stand up, you didn't feel like playing today but you would without complaint. You look to Brian and he looked at you. "Yeah." You say looking back at Tim, Toby standing beside him.

You pull Brian up and Tim waves you two off. "We'll come to find you in ten." You nod and run off.

In a few minutes, you make it to a good point to talk about what you were doing so you stop. "We should split up, if one of us gets caught we still could win," Brian says. You think about it for a moment and agreed.

You run to the right and he runs to the left.

You run for a few more minutes but start to feel uneasy. You start to slow down.

You follow the scent of a rotting corpse.

You make it to the point you past the old fence that was the border for your training and look back. You didn't feel like they were following you.

You start to speed up as the scent thickens. You quickly make your way towards it.

Blood was dragged towards where you were walking. It was dried but probably only a day old. You find more and more blood till you find the source of the stench. 

There were piles of dead animals, at least fourteen animals. You cover your nose and turn around. You pull out your phone and call Tim. He picks up.

"Hey, I found something you might wanna see. I'll send you my location. Find me before I puke." You say. "On my way." He says and hangs up. You send him your location.

You wander around the bodies and find they all had claw marks. It looks like Rake did it but he rarely dared to come this close to their side of the forest in the daytime. You hear leafs crunching and look up to see Tim. He makes a face of disgust at the smell. It's not like he's never smelled death before so these must have been out here for hours in the heat.

"Man, these days we end up quitting sooner and sooner." He says as he takes a picture and sends it to someone, probably Brian and Toby. "Let's head back." He says and turns around. You catch up to him quickly and walk beside him. Boring boring boring.