Part 14

-Time skip-

You wake up to the sound of rain. You open your eyes and turn your head to the window and see it is pouring. Your clothes were dry but your skin felt damp. Your body felt heavy.

You couldn't tell if you had a nightmare or were too warm. You get up and throw some clothes on. No one was home today, it was just you. They all were assigned to something and you managed to slip through the cracks again.

You grab your phone and see no texts, that's odd. Scrolling and looking at old texts did you no good so you put shoes on. You open your window and smell the rain, it's nice and cool out today. 

You take a deep breath of the pine-scented air then close the window. You grab some boots you were okay with mud getting on and shove them on. You jump up and walk out your door then down the stairs to the door. You take a quick look around and leave.

You walk towards a small abandoned park you found with Toby recently. You find it quickly and sit on the swings and listen as the chains rattle and squeak.

You use your feet to push yourself back and then forward. You repeat this for what feels like forever until you got tired of the loud squeaking. 

You lean your head against the chains and feel your eyes close. You hear your name being called from a far distance and then getting closer. You open your eyes to see Dad and Father. You stand up and stare at them. 

"Come on. Let's go home." They didn't sound real. You had almost forgotten what they sounded like. You knew they weren't real. There weren't enough words in the world to tell them everything. "Y/N." You hear them say over and over again. 

You feel yourself shake and open your eyes, you were surprised to see Tim and Brian standing there with their masks on. 

"Huh? Why are you guys back? I thought you weren't supposed to be back until way later." You say confused. "It is way later. How long have you been out here?" Tim asks. You look at the sky and see the sun getting ready to set. "Oh." You mumble. "My bad, I fell asleep for half the day here." You say embarrassed but laugh it off. 

You move the swing back and pause for Brian to move out of the way and swing forward, still staying low to the ground. "Swing with me?" You say. Brian nods and sits on the swing next to you. "Masks off on the swings." You say and swing a tiny bit higher. He makes an 'oh' noise and pulls it off. His hair was a mess. You pat his hair down as he shoves the mask in his pocket.

Tim wanders off by the play set to smoke. You look back to Brian. "What did you guys do today?" He thinks for a second. "Well, we pretty much just found some old stuff of ours and burned it all then came home to find you gone so we went looking for you. Boring stuff. You?" You shrug. "I kinda just came out here and took a nap." You say. He makes a noise of acnolagement.

You both sat in comfortable silence, listening to the rain hit the leaf and pine-needle-covered ground. You could smell smoke from where Tim was.

Peaceful days like these are what you wanted more of, but they were awfully boring. You almost felt too comfortable, maybe it was time to consider moving somewhere else or do something new.