Part 7

Yall are so fuckin epic, thank you for 10k reads

Yall are so fuckin epic, thank you for 10k reads. :)

-Time skip-

-Eight months later-

Your eyes snap open. You sit up quickly and look around. You were sweating and felt cold at the same time, today marked the first anniversary of your life burning up. Literally.

You had been really struggling lately. You felt fine most of the time but there are moments where you felt terrible over small things, those times were becoming more constant.

You find the energy to get up and walk over to your closet, grabbing the preplanned outfit.

You had picked a royal blue hoodie, black jeans, and black fingerless gloves. Your mask was hanging on the small hook on the inside of the closet. You took the mask and set it on top of the clothes in your arms. 

The white mask had scribbles of different colors on the forehead, red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple. A colorful mess as most would say.

You rush to your door and lock it, close the laptop that sat on the desk beside your bed, and throw your phone towards the bed and cover it with the blanket you woke up in.

You quickly change and put your dirty clothes in the hamper that was in the closet. You rushed to put your socks and shoes on after realizing you were gonna be a little late. You tied your shoelaces and tied them around your ankle so you didn't have to tuck them in your shoes.

You jump up and grab your phone. You see that Brian texted you that Tim was in a bad mood and that you better hurry. You leave him on read and grab your backpack, Toby had become more careless recently so you carried around first aid items.

You walk out of your room and quickly glide down the steps with soft tapping noises. 

"Pretty sure my soulmate is a bag of sour gummy worms." You hear BEN say as you walk to the door. "I just ate a bag of those, no joke," Jeff says and you look at them. "You piece of shit, that was the love of my life!" You walk out the door before they noticed you were there.

You run towards where you and the others usually mess around or train and slip your mask on as you do. You see Toby and Tim talking but Tim looked more annoyed.

You huff as you come to a stop, you had already grabbed Tim's attention. "You good?" He asks as he walks away from Toby and towards you, his annoyed look vanished. You nod.

Tim never really seemed to be in a bad mood from what you've seen, in fact, he was always pleased to see you in a way.

You look up to see Brian sitting in his normal spot. "We aren't training today. We don't have any assignments for a few more days this time so we don't really need to." Brian says.

Bossman had been giving you all fewer people to kill lately.

"What are we gonna do then?" You say and Toby shrugs. "I was thinking we could go get something to eat," Tim says. "We haven't gone to town for a bit and while we are there."

You tend to avoid going to overpopulated areas as much as possible, it was stressful, to say the least. "I think I'll pass." You say and shrug uncomfortably at the thought.

What a waste of time.

-Time skip-

Tim had agreed to train with you so naturally, he dragged Toby and Brian along as well, they secretly did so willingly. You were playing hide and seek basically. It was saved once every two weeks as a refreshing game, hunting and being hunted was equally fun for you, mostly because you won most of the time. You guys were aloud to spar but you never did. You had an hour to be found.

You were hiding this time. Once Tim turns around to start his count, you and Toby team to hide. 

Toby was good with defense while you were good with attacks, you made up for each other's flaws. Brian was good with both and you felt bad for leaving him but the game was easy if you teamed with him.

You see a tree with a lot of coverage and point it out to Toby, you called dibs and he rolled his eyes but quickly ran off. You climb the tree as high as you could go and notice you had run closer to the tree line than you thought. 

You could see your aunt's old house from where you were. You felt your heartbeat speed up as you see someone familiar standing in front of the house. 

It had yellow police tape surrounding it, they never found you so the investigation was being dropped, you had heard on the news.

Who could that be standing in front of the house?

You hear Tim yell that he found Toby meaning he was nearby. You crouch down and hide in the pine needles, occasionally one poking you close to your eye. You hear leaves crunching so you look down. You see Tim running after Brian.

You through a stick at Tim and he stops and takes the chance to find you. You climb up the tree a bit more, that's as far as you could go. You knew he wasn't going to stop until he found you. You were in the tree for a solid thirty minutes so you peak out and look around. You saw Tim, Toby, and Brian standing at the bottom of another tree.

You could tell Tim was ready to give up after he found Brian.

You knew you had about twenty minutes left so you decide to move to where they could see you. "Twenty minutes left!" You yell and immediately jump to another tree. You saw them get up and scatter to find you. 

You knew Toby would be able to find you because he knew where you hid, but he would never go after you unless he was the first hunter. He found you faster than Tim ever did but he could never tag you.

You quietly slip down the tree and accidentally get a few scratches. They were gonna burn but as long as you won it didn't matter. You hear a boom of thunder and jump a bit. You start to run the farthest you could, there was a point where no one was supposed to go past because of the skinwalkers.

You could faintly smell smoke so you hesitated to continue. You catch your breath and stand there for a few minutes. You take out your phone and text the group chat, you send them your location and put your phone back in your pocket. You knew they were never gonna find you and you felt slightly nauseous. 

You sit on the ground and lean on a tree, picking out the splinters you had gotten from the trees. You throw them to the side and take your bag off. You admire the rain smell.

You hear leaves crunching and look behind you around the tree. Tim and Toby were walking together. "You sent us your location, that was too easy," Tim says and Toby picks a leaf out of your hair. 

"Why'd you give up?" He asks as you stand up and pick up your bag. "You guys would have never found me anyway." You say and kick a branch at him with a snicker as you take off your mask. "Okay, how bout you search this time?" Toby says. "My pleasure." You say as you see Brian running towards you guys.