7: leather jackets

there it was: the jeon estate, the only house that taehyung had yet to see.

it was tuesday and he had no classes so he was forced to drive his grandmother to the min's where she's their housekeeper/cook, meaning taehyung would pass by the jeon residence. both impressive estates stood next to each other, they were practically glimmering in the sunshine. him and jungkook were supposed to meet up today and talk about this little plan but he doubts the younger will mind if he's early.

like four hours early.

taehyung knocks on the door, loud and proud, waiting like an idiot before realizing that he should buzz in. there's no way that jungkook would be able to hear him knocking in the 7,000 square foot house. a tan finger presses on the chrome button, he gives it a few seconds before pressing it a bunch of times because the noise made him laugh.

a voice cuts through. "kim, i thought i said 1:30."he sounded as bored and expressionless as usual but taehyung was more shocked that he knew it was him.

"how did you see me?" he looked around for a head poking out a window or something but nothing was there.

"there's a camera. i'll be there in a minute."

taehyung glances around at the outside. marble lions stood guard at the entrance, the lawn was a bright green with not a single blade of grass out of place, the fountain on the lawn gurgled softly, and it just smelled expensive. the blue haired boy felt like the poorest thing to walk on the property, like he might get it dirty.

the glass door moves and it reveals a casual jungkook. his hair looks a bit damp from his shower, smelling like sweet shower products, and he dawns an all black outfit.

he smiles at taehyung. "come in. it's probably cold outside, yeah?" jungkook beckons, the door slides farther out and he's in, finally in the last house in the estates that taehyung had yet to see.

it's clean, spotless, he could see his reflection in the hardwood if he wanted to. there were also barely any decorations. sure minimalism is a big thing in korea but come on, not even a family photo? taehyung felt the same way whenever he would walk through bogum's house, like no one lived here, it was just a shelter but not a home.

jungkook grabs his wrist to tug him along, walking past the living room and the kitchen to large double stairs leading up. he takes the one on the right, moving slowly so they don't trip on the polished wood with their socked feet.

"there's nothing cool here but my room is better, it's warmer than the living room." jungkook is right, the bottom floor is abysmal but taheyung doesn't have the gall to say it to his face.

once they reach the second floor, jungkook leads him to a corridor and they finally see some decorations: family photos! taehyung stops moving to look at them, see if he can point out the bunny toothed younger by his baby photos.

"jesus." taehyung whispers at the regal family photos, so professional and intimdating with the way they pose. jungkook easily sticks out in some of them, his hair is cut in a rather hilarious style that looks like a coconut and he seems rather uncomfortable for all the pictures.

"oh my god no, can we please just skip past my bad hair phase?" the younger groans and tries to tug taehyung along but he stood rooted at the spot, giggling at how jungkook used to look.

taehyung counts the pictures that he was in, a stark four frames contained that (cute) face, compared to the tens of them that littered the wall. there were more of seokjin and haewon, especially seokjin.

seokjin isn't even their son but they seem to care about him more.

he doesn't get to ask, one more tug is placed on taehyung's wrist. " let's go kim, i want you to see my room." finally, they move and a couple of more steps take them to the highly coveted room of jeon jungkook.