18: broken noses

t.w: mentions of assault and forcing. 

//three years ago//

seokjin strolled through the party, drink in his hand, sending closed mouthed grins to every single person that cheered or congratulated him as he walked around. the class's golden boy; he had literally everything in their eyes. smart, rich, accomplished, handsome, well-liked, and he was the sweetest and most down to earth person on the planet. 

all the reasons as to why he won the student of the year award. it only made sense of course. 

the day before graduation, where the award would be placed into his hands, seokjin threw a crazy, cop-busting, borderline illegal house party at his uncle's place. his parent's penthouse wasn't nearly as big and his mother's brother so kindly let him stay in their house in seoul while he attended sonyeondan school because it was one of the best in the city. 

teenagers were doing all sorts of reckless shit, it's almost expected of them, but nothing had been broken yet and the house was generally in tact. 

seokjin lets out a soft sigh. "m'definitely not gonna miss this." he laughs to himself. sure high school was fun but it definitely wasn't the best years of his life nor did he live out his teens to the way that movies made it out to be. 

there weren't many late nights, no inhibitions, fucking around like how movies make teenagers out to be. seokjin spent so much time cooped up in his room doing school work or being by himself, he was a bit disappointed but college should be some what better right? 

he runs up the stairs quickly to get away from it all for a second. the house was so packed and the music was so loud. it can be a lot sometimes. seokjin wishes jungkook was here. 

his little maknae was only fifteen, a freshman in his first year at sonyeondan, still too young for a scary upperclassmen party. he was at yoongi's house next door for a sleepover with namjoon and seokjin tried to ignore the urge to leave the party to go see them instead. those three were much more his vibe compared to the jocks smoking weed on the couch and rating the girls that walked past them who were way out of their league. 

someone comes up to him, seokjin doesn't remember his name at the moment, but he leans in close to whisper in his ear. "yo, that creepy little freshman is here again." and he knows exactly who he's talking about. 

park bogum. he was jungkook's year and the guy was a spoiled little shit. constantly trying to get into senior parties, sleeping with girls during class, selling drugs on campus, vandalizing things, just being a general menace. but worst of all, he was very very interested in haewon. 

yes, jeon haewon. jungkook's half-sister, his cousin, and probably one of the most beautiful girls at sonyeondan school. 

he's seen the younger perusing around her at school, attempting to hit on her, initiate casual sex in some sort of tiny space only to never speak to her again. thankfully, haewon would say no. she was two years older and she thankfully always rejected him out of pure distaste. but the rejection made bogum angry, jealous and when boys turn to this sort of behavior, it means that they often resort to doing things in haste. 

some of the things he's heard about bogum made the older want to vomit. the way he treats women, the way he treats his friends, he doesn't need to be anywhere near haewon. seokjin knows the blonde girl can defend for herself but the boy is terrifying, he might resort to things that she can't control and that makes his stomach churn.