16: cat flap

jungkook hadn't seen taehyung in days.

at school, he searched for the blue haired older, asked hoseok and jimin if they knew of his whereabouts, went to the boba shop when he could, and he even considered asking his grandmother while she cleaned yoongi's house if taehyung was okay.

his mind was running haywire, jungkook thought that it was his fault. maybe taehyung was avoiding him as he, now sober, regretted the kiss and was doing everything in his power to not be around him. it was scary but plausible and jungkook's anxiety was just feeding into this.

what was he thinking? no one kisses people like that out of the blue; telling them that they're straight then making out in a closet all hot and heavy.

jungkook didn't mean to muddle things up. taehyung was just there and he really didn't want to get in the pool by force. but when their lips started moving, he started to get into it and he didn't want to pull away.

fuck kook, you've really messed things up.

his head falls onto the table top gently, resting atop his forearms and jungkook lets out a soft sigh as his snowballing thoughts get the best of him. he was in math class with yoongi and namjoon but his eyes drifted to the back where taehyung usually sits, it was empty.

"he's probably just sick." yoongi tries to reason, purple hair falling over his eyebrows softly. it's mid afternoon but the pale older looks so tired and sleep deprived.

"i don't know hyung. what if he's mad at me?" his finger traces circles on the wood desk top, much like how he traced circles on taehyung's exposed, caramel colored hips as their lips created a beautiful friction-okay, stop it.

namjoon sighed, a brotherly sigh at that. "now why would he be mad at you? because of a kiss?"

so yeah, jungkook told his friends about the kiss literally the next day; like a typical teenage boy that's gotten some sort of action. they were shocked, remained speechless for a second but then asked him every detail about the event. neither of the elders said much, they smiled, but jungkook couldn't get a read on what they were thinking.

"maybe. i-i told him i was straight when i rejected him." when jungkook rejected him and then bogum told everyone about it and it made him really sad and lose some of his popularity and -oh no, taehyung probably hates him.

people flood into the classroom as the final bell rings, mrs. ahn shuffles papers at her desk at the front. she looks so frazzled when she commands the students to take out their notebooks for notes on integration by parts.

maybe he went back to his family in daegu. that's probably why no one knows why he's gone, no one knows about his farm life back there. 

jungkook's trying to reason with his questioning mind, doing literally anything to get himself to shut up because this was bothering him for too long. he'll visit taehyung after school today, it's friday and he usually doesn't work the boba shop today so maybe they can talk more about the kiss or whatever is making him not come to school. 

"so one would use integration by parts when methods like u-substitution cannot provide a more simplified integral to compute. for example, we have the integral x times sin of x..."jungkook isn't paying attention to mrs. ahn, he already knows how to do this, but two girls catch his attention.

they sit behind and to the left of him, whispering about and the name taehyung catches his attention. jungkook tries to use his (unfortunately not super human) hearing capabilities to decipher what they were talking about.

"....i honestly expected nothing else from him. he's like the class whore." one girl says and it makes jungkook irrationally angry to hear this. he contains it, although it grows exponentially.