24: the rebound (m)

okay, we're back to the original format for now. thank you for sticking by, jungkook's angst is almost done lmao. 

also this is rated m but i doubt you guys will like it. 

going back to school was as difficult as jungkook thought it'd be. even with namjoon and yoongi by his side, with seokjin offering to pick and drop them off, promising ice cream, boba, lamb skewers to make him happy. jungkook was dreading it all.

seeing taehyung was definitely a possibility and even though jungkook was almost over him, he couldn't face him just yet. a part of him wondered if he was okay, if he went back home to his parent's house in daegu over break to see their farm, he was selflessly curious about him.  but upon advice from his hyungs (after spilling everything that happened from the very beginning to them in yoongi's bathroom),  he's leaving things alone until he's ready to approach the blue haired older. 

jungkook strolls onto campus meekly. girls coo and squeal over his new hair, at the way his boyish charm faded into pure masculinity over the month long break. he's been working out even more and it was very visible in his build today. his legs were clad in tight skinny jeans, big black shoes and a black sweatshirt but it was eye-catching enough to get multiple stares.  no more baby cheeks or coconut head hair, the jungkook that they've known for years now, he's matured and the change seems to make some people's heads turn. 

god, he hates this fucking school. 

it's a free period in english today. they were supposed to be reading a new play called the crucible but professor bong forgot the books at home and was too lazy to have the students do anything else on the first day back so the class was free to do whatever until the bell rang. jungkook sits with namjoon and yoongi, scrolls through his phone and has simple  conversation with them until hyojin approaches him sweetly. 

yes, apparently lee hyojin was still willing to give jungkook the time of day even after he left her for taehyung back in october. he feels very very shitty about that by the way. 

"can i talk to you? outside?" she smiles at jungkook, genuinely, and he nods. 

their hands intertwine for a bit so she can drag him outside. the feeling of it feels almost foreign to jungkook because he hasn't held hands in so long, felt someone's palm in his own, he forgot how much he fucking loves holding hands. even though it's with some girl that he has no feelings for. 

hyojin leads them to the hallway  where all the classrooms in the left wing were. it overlooks a good portion of campus with this big ass window, the kids that bunk class are easily visible from where they stand. 

"so, i heard you got into some american schools." hyojin smiles up at him. she's a lot shorter than he is. "i did too. that's what i wanted to talk to you about, actually." she leans against the wall next to them. 

jungkook doesn't understand why he didn't even give the girl a chance. she's so cute, glows when the sun hits her just right. she can be nice and sweet from their conversations. he feels like such a dick right now. 

"...but i'm still deciding between dartmouth and columbia. both of their pre-med programs are pretty good. what about you?" she tilts her head to the side and jungkook is blown away at how good she looks in the light right now. 

focus kook, she's asking you a question.

"oh! uh, i've narrowed it down to uchicago and columbia too but i'm studying law." he shrugs. 

the hallway is empty, quiet except for their voices and jungkook is very much enjoying this chill talk with hyojin. he's strangely been craving this for a while now. just an easy conversation about something easy, no feelings, nothing about broken hearts or getting cheated on. she doesn't know about taehyung or about what went down during winter break and it's so refreshing.