Chapter Three- A Fresh Start

Michael and Elizabeth haven't gone to school in a week now. The school got angry, but they didn't know what had happened. William told the news not to report Chris's death. The school then threatened to expel the kids if they didn't show up the next Monday.

"Kids! Time for school!" William shouted from downstairs. Elizabeth stumbled down to her father. "I remember when me and Chris would race each other down." She said smiling. "Here is your lunch dear." Clara said while handing a pink lunch box to Elizabeth. She smiled and took it. "Michael! Hurry up sweetie!" Clara called in a calming voice. Michael came down the stairs, wiping something from his eyes.

"Did you have those dreams again dear?" Clara asked patting Michael's back. Michael shook his head 'no'. "Just memories." He said, grabbing his back pack, and heading out the door. Michael and Elizabeth went to a school that was connected. It was elementary, middle, and high school. It wasn't too far, so they usually walked.

"Elizabeth. I know your going to middle school next year, so I need to tell you something." Michael said, holding her shoulders. "Yes?" She asked, smiling. "Please, don't get the wrong friends like I did. You will regret it. Don't try to be cool and popular, just be yourself. That's what I wish someone told me before I got into middle school." He said, staring at her with complete seriousness. Elizabeth laughed a bit. "What?" Michael asked, confused of what was happening. "You look so serious! Almost as much as Chris when we jokingly took one of his plushes!" She said. Michael remembered that. It was funny. He joined the laughter.

After a few minutes of walking, they got to school. Michael and Elizabeth split up and went to class. "Oh, well look who finally decided to show up. I would like to hear why exactly you were gone." The teacher said glaring at Michael. "Ok. So have you all heard about the Fredbear's Family Diner closing?" Michael asked the class. They all nodded. "Do you know why they closed it?" He asked. They shook their heads 'no'. "Well...my brother..... An animatronic glitched and hurt him really badly....... and the other day he died In the hospital." Michael said, tears building in his eyes. "Ha. Like we would believe that. Your just using an excuse to get out of school!" One of his classmates yelled from the back. "Well you can think whatever you want. I know the thuth though." Michael said, sitting down.

Michael couldn't think straight during class. Talking about Chris made him think of that day. " C-can I use the restroom" Michael asked, stuttering a bit. The teacher grumbled and nodded. Michael went out into the restroom. He sighed as he sat on the ground, tears flowing from his eyes. "Its ok brother. I'm ok." A little boys voice echoed through the empty restroom. Michael looked up, and saw Chris. But, he was like a shadow.

"I forgive you brother." Chris said, then disappearing. Michael smiled at what he said. "I love you too Chris." He whispered. Michael went out of the restroom, and back too class. But, he saw Elizabeth running down the hall, crying. "What happened?!" Michael yelled, stopping in front of her. She ran to him, and hugged him, crying on his shoulder. "This one girl, she said. she said she's happy Chris is gone!" Elizabeth yelled. Michael comforted her, and brought her back to class. "Could I talk to Susie for a quick sec?" Michael asked looking at the class. A girl wearing a white shirt, and a black skirt rolled her eyes and walked over to him. "What do you want?" Susie asked, rolling her eyes again. "How could you seriously say that about Chris? He is dead. And you would seriously say that about him?" Michael asked staring right into her eyes. She just shrugged and walked back into class. "That little rat." Michael whispered under his breathe. He walked back to class, and sat down.

At the end of the day, Michael and Elizabeth walked home. When they got there, stuff was packed into boxes. "Uhh, mom. Dad? Whats going on?" Michael asked, setting his bag on the floor. "Oh! Great your home. We decided to move." Clara said smiling at them. "Wait. Really?" Michael and Elizabeth both asked. Their mother nodded. They were all excited to get out of this town. By the next day, they had everything packed and were ready to leave. They got in the car, and drove off.