Chapter Twelve

Michael started turning purple again. "I should get back into you now." Ennard said. Michael nodded. Ennard jumped into Michael. "I feel like my father." Michael said, looking at his purple arms. That's nice. Can you just turn normal so I can come out? "Ok, I'm normal again." Michael said. Ennard jumped out of Michael.

"Michael! Go do something other than sitting on that couch!" William yelled from the stairs. Michael groaned as he got up, and went to the door. "Can I come?" Ennard asked. Michael nodded, and they left the house.

They walked around the park, and sat on a bench. "It's so beautiful here." Ennard said, looking at the lake. Michael smiled, and closed his eyes.

"I never knew I would die so quick. I really thought I would live, a long time. I always thought before you died, your life flashed before your eyes. But, all I could think about was one thing. What was I gonna do. Then, I remembered the best time in my life. We were getting ice cream, and my terrible friends were out of town. Me, Elizabeth, Chris, Mom, and Dad. It was a wonderful little parlor. After, we went shopping, and I bought my favorite gloves. Elizabeth got her favorite blue skirt. Chris got his favorite black and grey striped shirt. We loved it. Then, we went home. When we got there, we watched my favorite movie. We also played some games. No moment in my life was like that day. All of my worries, were gone. Everything was happy. I didn't think of the bad times. I thought of all good things. But, it stopped. And I found myself in reality. Laying on the floor, coughing up blood. I never knew how much that would hurt. I should have died instantly, but I held on a little longer. To see you. My killer. I never knew I would be best friends with my killer, but your different. Your not like my killer. It's like I've known your for years. I can't help but smile when I hear your name. I may be crazy. I may be stupid. But, I know I was meant to forgive you. Your just, I don't know. But, I feel more alive, even tho I'm dead. Sure, I have my depression days, but I like this new life. Or death. It feels.... welcoming. I want this to last forever. I need this to last forever."

Tears were pouring down Michael's face. Ennard pulled him close, and hugged him. "It's ok. It's all ok." Ennard said. Michael put his head on Ennard's shoulder, and fell asleep.

Ennard had to carry Michael home. When he got there, he put Michael on the couch. "What happened to Mikey?!" Chris and Elizabeth yelled. Ennard sighed. "He kinda had a breakdown in the park." William nodded.

Michael woke up, and sat up. "Hey Michael. How are you feeling?" Ennard asked. Michael opened his mouth to speak, but no words came out. "Huh?" Ennard asked. Michael started coughing. He tried to talk again, but couldn't.

"Michael! What is it?!" Ennard yelled. Michael kept trying to talk, but nothing worked. He ran to get some paper and a pen. He came back, and wrote, "I can't talk".

Ennard nodded. Chris ran downstairs, and jumped onto the couch with Michael and Ennard. "Are you two together yet?" He asked. Michael had a slight tent of red on his face. Ennard shook his head. "Not yet."

Chris smiled, and ran back upstairs. Michael and Ennard watched T.V for a while. "I'm going to bed. See you tomorrow." Michael write on the paper. Ennard nodded, and Michael went upstairs.

The next morning, Ennard came to wake Michael up. "Wake up Michael." He said, pulling Michael out of bed. Michael's face was bright red. "Oh, looks like someone's blushing." Ennard said, smiling. Michael shook his head.

"It's like, 90° in here!" Michael wrote. Ennard nodded. It was quite hot in the room. Michael got dressed, and went downstairs with Ennard.

"Michael, you need to go back to the pizzeria. Are you ok with that?" William asked. Michael nodded, and got a jacket. "I'll be back soon." Michael said. "Wait, why do I need to go?" William walked to him, and handed him a paper.