Chapter One

"Name."

"Sienna Cumberbatch."

"Age."

"20."

"Left. Next!"

Sienna joined the group on the left, and smiled shyly to the people standing there. They glanced at her, but quickly looked away, standing straight, hands behind their backs. The group she had joined was composed of boys only, all way taller than her, very muscular, and looking way too serious; thankfully, a girl joined, and Sienna finally felt less alone. A few moments later, a tall man, dressed in black, appeared. He was probably 40 years-old, and had scars on his face. He looked around the room and called the group on the left. They were ten people : eight boys and two girls.

"Follow me," he said coldly.

The group slowly started walking, and followed the man to a succession of corridors, to a large white room with seven chairs.

"Take a seat, we will begin."

They quickly obeyed, and the man started talking.

"You're all here to serve your country in her Majesty's Secret Services. Some of you already worked here, some of you are totally new. Your group is composed only with new recruits. I hope you will make her Majesty proud. Your training ‪starts tomorrow at 6 am‬. You will start your day by cleaning the compound, then an hour of running and an hour of martial arts. You will have a small breakfast, then, you will attend theoretical lessons for two hours. After lunch, you will have an hour to read the books you will be given. After that, boys and girls will have separate lessons for two hours. Before dinner, you will have another hour of martial arts. Shower, then dinner. After dinner, you have free time. Use it wisely. Never be late, or you will regret it. Understood?"

"Yes, sir!" They all responded.

"You're dismissed. Tonight you'll have time to get settled. Girls in one bedroom, boys in a dormitory. Dinner is at 8. Be on time. Dismissed."

They all got up and left the room. Outside, a woman and a man were waiting for them.

"Girls, follow me, I will show you to your room. Boys, you follow him." The woman ordered.

The two girls nodded and followed the woman. Sienna glanced around her, as they crossed the beautiful courtyard. The buildings were beautiful on the outside but gloomy on this inside, and made Sienna shiver. Somehow after that speech, she felt like she wanted to quit, like maybe she should have never applied for this. But she wanted to be stronger than that.

The first two months were very hard for Sienna, and she lost a lot of weight to the point of looking like a skeleton. It made her teachers and trainers worried, so they gave her special food and treatments so she could gain weight again, and be stronger. The other girl from her group quickly became a friend to her, and both were supporting each other a lot, making the beginning of the training less hard.

During her hard times, Sienna used to sit on the grass, or at her window, and think about how she ended up here... She was eighteen, had started her studies in advertising, and had ideas for her future. She had friends and a family, and she abandoned all that, for this new carrier. Was she crazy? Sometimes she thought she was, other times, she thought that she had made the right choice.

Two years ago, all seemed to go so well for her. She was popular in her college, had many friends, was always smiling and laughing, making her surroundings brighter. She had good grades, and everything she needed. She was a queen and looked like one, always well dressed, classy and smart. She was quite tall, just a little above the average, was thin, and had long legs. Her face was thin and delicate, her lips were thick, and her mouth large, making her smile big and beautiful. Her nose was a little short and round, her eyes were a dark shade of green, her eyebrows were a little thick and black, and her hair was long and wavy, and had the colour of a chestnut. Now she looked like the shell of a woman: her cheeks were hollow, she had dark circles under her eyes, and her uniforms didn't fit her anymore. But Sienna felt alive. She felt pain, she felt sweat and hard work, and she loved it. It helped take her mind off of the reason why she came here in the first place... The thought of that accident revived a deep pain, and she quickly dried the tears threatening to fall : no one could see her cry. Sienna got up, and left the lawn to join her room to go to bed. She silently hoped that her nightmares wouldn't come to haunt her that night.