Chapter Ten

"Sienna," Moonbin said, "Fantagio never met or talked to your Prime Minister..."

"What? What do you mean?" Sienna frowned. "Nonsense... My chief sent me and my partner Simon to investigate... He said it was because they got on the wrong side of our Prime Minister."

"Did he give more precisions?"

"No... No he didn't. He said we would find out once we were there..."

"Don't you think that's a little suspicious?" Moonbin asked.

"I... I never thought about it that way... I mean, it's my first time doing this, I thought this was how it worked."

"Mhmm... I think they manipulated you." Moonbin stated.

"Should I call them and ask them for more information?"

"No," Moonbin said. "They will think it's suspicious. Somehow, I feel like this is a trap... Can you think of a reason why they would set you up like that?"

"I--" Sienna started. She stopped, and a thought suddenly came to her mind. No, no it couldn't be, it was madness. She looked at Moonbin and opened her mouth, but quickly closed it. Even if she wasn't sure, she had promised him to tell him the truth. She had to. "I haven't told this to anyone, not even my closest friends. But... I'll tell you, because I promised you the truth."

"Listen, Sienna, you don't have to--" Moonbin started.

"No, I do want to," Sienna interrupted. She took a deep breath and started talking. "I have a brother. Actually he's my twin brother. His name's Jamie. Was."

"Was?"

"Mhm. He... Okay. So we've been brought up together, we would do everything together, we were inseparable. He was my soul mate, he was my everything. He was always happy, always joking around. He was like MJ, you see? That's why, despite the fact that I really like MJ, I have a hard time being around him, because he reminds me so much of my brother... Anyway. Then, when he turned 17, he decided to enter the army. My father was against it. I've never known what my father did for a living, he was very secretive about it, even my mother didn't know. But in the end, my father let my brother go. I didn't see Jamie very often at the beginning. When we turned 19, Jamie came home more often than he used to. He was very tense, he had lost so much weight, and he was always asking me if I was okay, if I had seen suspicious things. I didn't understand the importance of what he was saying, and I still feel so guilty for not trying to understand more..." Sienna dried a tear falling down her cheek, and Moonbin took her hand. "My dad was very anxious around that time as well, but he and my brother never talked. It was as if they were ghosting each other in my mum's and my presence. One day, I heard them fight. They were yelling at each other, and Jamie went out, and slammed the door behind him. I wish I hadn't hesitated to go after him... If I hadn't..." Sienna looked away, then looked down and sighed. "I ran after him. It was late at night, and I called his name many times. He didn't answer. After a few minutes, I heard a gunshot, a few steps away from me. I turned around, and saw my brother, standing still..."

---

Jamie was standing still. Sienna looked at him, then a shape caught her eye. She glanced at it, and saw it run away. She didn't care for it, and rushed to her brother, who collapsed. She caught him, and fell on her knees.

"Jamie," she cried. "Jamie!" She put his head on her lap, and held him, as she started sobbing. "Wake up, please. Jamie?"

"Sienna," Jamie called. "You're in danger here... you... should go..."

"No... I can't leave you here..." Sienna weeped.

"I'm sorry..." Jamie said. "I'm... sorry... I wasn't able to protect you..."