Chapter Sixteen

Astro, Sienna, So Young and the rest of the team had gone back to South Korea, and had resumed their usual activities. It had been a week since the group had met Mrs Cumberbatch, and ever since that day, Moonbin and Eunwoo had spent a lot of time together, and had gone out a lot, no one knew where. Sienna and Moonbin still hadn't talked, to MJ's great annoyance. It had become clear to the rest of the group that MJ was in a very bad mood, for a reason only Sienna knew about. On the other hand, Moonbin seemed very happy, raising suspicion among the group.

Sienna had gone back to her penthouse, and had seen Simon a few times, but she had chosen to keep Mr Kong's death a secret until she knew for sure that her partner wasn't a threat to her. During the day, she still worked at Fantagio, and she spent most of her free time with Rocky and MJ, which felt like vacation to her. She didn't tell her friends about the fact that every night she woke up in tears and fear due to the same nightmare. She didn't want to worry them. Her and Moonbin still hadn't talked about that night they had spent together, and it appeared they were still over. But surprisingly, Moonbin didn't seem bothered at all, on the contrary. After a month, Sienna had finally decided to talk to Moonbin.

One day, as Sienna was leaving work, she received a call from an unknown number. With shaky hands, she pressed the button to answer.

"Hello?"

"Sienna," a masculine voice told her. "This is Mr Smith, your chief..."

Sienna's stomach suddenly twisted, and she felt sick to the point she thought she would throw up. She sat down and composed herself quickly. "Hello, Sir," she said, summoning all the courage she could find in herself.

"I've heard of Mr Kong's death... Well, it would be more accurate to talk about murder here," he chuckled. "Sienna, I know all about this man. We had to investigate his death, and no one knows how he died, but I do. I want you to know that I am on your side. I didn't know about his dealings..."

"How can I be sure you're on my side? And why did you recruit him? Didn't you make a background check before taking him as a teacher in the Secret Services?"

"I'm not the one who recruits people... I am currently dealing with that person, and action is being taken to prevent any more mistakes to happen."

"Mistake?" Sienna sarcastically said. "Killing my father and brother is no mistake. Nor is recruiting a murderer."

"I understand your anger, and grief. As your chief, I am ordering you to meet me in two months, when this affair is over."

"Okay."

"Good day."

Sienna hung up the phone, and restrained herself from smashing it against the wall. She grabbed her handbag, locked her office, and walked out of the building, fuming. She was mumbling curse words, walking in large strides, as large as her straight white skirt could allow, head down, when a familiar voice calling her name made her jump. She looked up and her eyes locked with Simon's. A wave of fear and anger ran through her body, but she controlled it.

"What are you doing here?" she asked.

"Well, last time you told me I wasn't being a friend to you. So, here I am, being the friend you want me to be." Simon smiled.

Sienna frowned. "I never told you I wanted you to be my friend... I told you you couldn't call yourself my friend given the way you acted with me..."

"Let me at least buy you a drink," Simon pleaded. "We've known each other for three years now and-"

"I don't think I know you so much, Simon."

"What do you mean?"

"The time when you told me you had feelings for me... What was that really about? Every time you came to see me, was it really because you wanted to be a friend? Or did you have something else in mind?"