Chapter Fourteen

"... I mean, I doubt you want to keep on living with such a burden..." Mr Kong smiled devilishly.

Sienna shivered. She knew what his next move would be, and he probably expected her to defend herself. Moving or tempting to do so would put her in danger. She suddenly felt terrified and hopeless. All of a sudden, Moonbin's smiling and loving face appeared in her mind, and a wave of courage and confidence took over her panic. She looked at Mr Kong defiantly.

"Despite you having no honor, I believe you may find in yourself the capacity of understanding the fact that this situation is not fair to me. I am unarmed, I have little experience. You have everything. If you really want me to die, sure. But at least let me die with honor. Let me try to defend myself. I do not wish to die as a helpless woman, killed by a man." Sienna said. She was playing a risky game, and she knew her chances were very low. She kept her chin up, staring at the man who had trained her for a year, controlling the fear she was feeling, and making her eyes and face as cold as possible.

Mr Kong looked at her, malice in his eyes, a smirk in the corner of his lips. He finally snorted. "Fine. I will agree on those terms. I know you don't stand a chance anyway." The man put his gun on the floor and took one step forward.

Sienna took a deep breath, and didn't break eye contact. Five seconds went by. Five seconds that seemed unbelievably long. She had chosen to let him move first. Suddenly, his fist in her stomach cut her breath, and she bent her back forward, trying to catch her breath. She had barely the time to do so, when the man hit her back, making her fall on her knees. He then grabbed her by the hair, and threw her on the floor. Sienna was panting, and her vision was blurry. However, she found the strength to roll on her back to face her aggressor. Mr Kong kneeled above her and placed his hands around her neck, and started squeezing. Panic and lack of air made the young girl incapable of moving at first. The thought of her dead father, and Jamie being murdered made her even more desperate. She felt herself slowly go, as her eyes watered and blood made them red; her mouth was wide open, as she was desperately gasping for air. Her brain started to malfunction as well. Until, in a short moment of lucidity, Moonbin's face flashed in front of her red eyes, and strength came back. She slowly groped for the man's hand, found his little finger, and pushed it back until it broke. He yelled in pain, and let go for a moment. Sienna gasped for air, and coughed. But she quickly acted, and took advantage of the man's inattention to kick him in the back, making him let her go completely. She rolled on her side and quickly got up. Mr Kong turned to her, still kneeling. He was about to slowly get up, when in a swift motion, Sienna took out her gun, and shot him.

"This, is for Jaime," she said between her teeth. Her voice was broken due to Mr Kong strangling her. She shot the man a second time, and he fell on his back. "This, is for my father." She continued. She shot him one last time. "And this, is for the man I love."

She lowered her gun, and wiped the tears of rage she hadn't noticed were rolling down her cheeks, and stared at Mr Kong's dead body. She was incapable of thinking. At that moment, the doors opened, and six young men, dressed in glittery green concert costumes, barged inside, and stopped at the sight, eyes wide open. Moonbin locked eyes with Sienna. Oh how much he wanted to run to her and hug her and tell her everything was alright! But he didn't.

Sienna looked at each member, then back at the man she had killed. She then looked back at the group and started staggering forward, towards the young men. She was a few steps from Moonbin. She lifted her eyes on him, and suddenly threw herself in his arms, and hugged him tight, hanging on to his clothes, her eyes wide and terrified.

"I killed a man," she whispered in her now hoarse voice. "I killed a man."

Moonbin was surprised, but held her tight. "We need to go, Nina," he whispered back. "Come on, we need to go." He gently pushed her away. She kept on clinging on his sleeve, her eyes lost in the void, repeating the same words.