Chapter Thirteen

"I- We should break up," Sienna breathed. She wanted to cry, but she chased the tears away.

"Wha- What? But- Nina... You- I-" Moonbin tried. But the shock made him incapable of uttering a complete sentence. "Why?" he finally asked. "You- Don't you love me anymore?"

"Oh my God, how can you even think that! How could I ever stop loving you!" Sienna exclaimed before she could stop herself. "I love you more than I love myself, I've never loved anyone that much! That's why I'm breaking up with you... Because I don't want to lose you. I can't- What happened to you was my fault. The moment we started dating, despite the fact that it was secret, the man who stabbed you knew about it. He used you to blackmail me. And I don't want that. You have a life, you have a group and fans that adore you. I don't want you to ruin your life because of me."

"Nina," Moonbin said softly as he took her hand. "When I told you I loved you, and when I asked you to be with me, and to let me be by your side, I knew what I was getting myself into. I knew the danger..."

"I'm sorry..." Sienna said, ducking her head. "I wish I didn't have to do that... But I don't have a choice..."

"What, so there is nothing I can say that will change your mind? Nothing?" Moonbin said angrily.

"I understand that you're mad. I don't even know what to say. You have no idea how much this breaks my heart, because I know I'm hurting you, and this is the last thing I want to do. But... Please, try to understand..."

"So, after everything we've been through, you just- break up like that? You... You just decide everything is over, just because I was stabbed?"

"'Just because'?!" Sienna snapped. "Binnie! Do you even hear yourself? You almost died!! Because of me! Because I put you in danger. Because I said yes to us dating, which I should never have agreed upon to begin with! I cannot afford to lose you! I cannot afford you and your friends being hurt because of me!"

Moonbin didn't answer. His throat was tight, and the sadness and heartbreak he was feeling because of what she was saying, turned into anger. "You're so selfish..." he mumbled.

Sienna felt like a dagger just pierced her heart. Her eyes stinged. "Maybe I am," she simply said without raising her voice. "I'm just trying to protect you." She paused. "Because I love you..." she whispered. They remained silent for a few minutes, until Sienna got up. "I'll leave now... Please, forgive me." she said.

Moonbin didn't move, and didn't look at her. Once he heard the door closing, his eyebrows joined, and the tears flooded. Sienna left the dorm, and called a cab to drive her back to her hotel. The car stopped in front of the main doors; the young girl paid the driver and entered the hotel. She smiled at the receptionist, went into the elevator, opened the door to her Penthouse and turned the lights on. She threw the keys on the nearest piece of furniture, kicked her shoes, dropped her handbag, and burst into tears. She slowly walked to the shower and stayed there for half an hour. She was sitting on the floor, hugging her knees, letting the hot water flow on her back and hair. She finally shook her head, and after putting on her dressing gown, she went to the kitchen, opened a cupboard, grabbed a bottle of wine, and opened it. She was about to pour the beverage into a glass, but she felt so desperate and heartbroken, she decided to drink directly from the bottle.

She was starting to drink the second bottle, when someone knocked at the door. She ran to it, hoping it was Moonbin, but realising it was absurd, given the fact she had broken up with him... Simon was standing there.

"Hey! It's been a long time!" Simon smiled. "Can I come in?" Sienna shrugged and turned her back at him to go back to her wine. "You seem down... What's wrong?"