Chapter Eight

"Turn the light off!" Moonbin shouted as he threw his pillow at Eunwoo who was reading. Eunwoo caught the pillow and smirked as he put it on the side. Moonbin mumbled and hid his face with his other pillow.

"Guys! I'm trying to sleep here!" Rocky growled.

"Fine, I'll turn the light off..." Eunwoo sighed. He put his book next to him and went to turn the light off before going into his bed.

In the dark of the room, Moonbin, Eunwoo and Rocky were talking, until one by one, they fell asleep. First Eunwoo, ‪around 2 o'clock‬, then Moonbin, ‪around 2.30 am‬. It was ‪3 o'clock‬ in the morning when Rocky finally fell asleep. He was finally drifting into a deep and profound sleep, when someone banging violently and hastily on the front door made him jump and woke him up. He sat down and rubbed his eyes.

"Huh? What is that?" he frowned.

"Moonbin!! Rocky!! Eunwoo!! Please!! Open the door!!" a feminine voice screamed.

Rocky frowned, trying to recognise the voice. I know this voice, he thought. The girl continued calling their names. Ah! It's Brooke... What the hell does she want at this late hour? Rocky shook Moonbin's shoulder.

"Moonbin!" he called him. "Wake up!"

"What? What's happening?" Moonbin said, startled and sleepy, his eyes half closed. He sat down and looked at Rocky. "Why are you waking me--" He stopped as he heard the banging and the yelling. "That's Brooke!" Moonbin exclaimed, now completely awake. "She sounds like she's in danger! Come on, Rocky, let's go," he said, pushing away his blankets and getting up. Rocky followed. "Where's the key!" Moonbin exclaimed angrily as they had arrived at the front door.

"Here, I got it," Rocky said. He put the key in the lock, and turned it. At that moment, they heard a gunshot. The two young men looked at each other.

"What the--... Hurry!" Moonbin exclaimed.

Rocky unlocked the door and opened it. Standing there, in front of them, was Sienna, sweating, her hair all messy, her eyes wide in shock, and her mouth slightly open. Rocky locked eyes with her before she collapsed. Moonbin pushed his friend on the side and caught the young girl before she hit the floor.

"Brooke! Brooke!" Moonbin called. "Wake up! It's me, Moonbin! Come on... Wake up, please..." he begged as tears started to fall down his cheeks. He rested his hand on the girl's cheek and shook her gently. "Wake up, it's me..." He turned to Rocky. "Why isn't she responding?" he asked him. Rocky was looking hopeless.

"She's been shot," he stated.

"She's not dead, she's not!" Moonbin repeated, sounding terrified, his eyes wide open. "Call an ambulance, please! Now!"

Rocky nodded and ran to find a phone. He composed a number and explained the situation. Soon enough, an ambulance arrived. Moonbin refused to stay put, and went inside the ambulance. Rocky closed the door of their dorm, and followed Moonbin.

"She'll be alright, don't worry," he said, putting a hand on Moonbin's shoulder. "She's a tough girl, you've seen her."

"Yeah... I know... But still. I'm scared..."

"I know." Rocky breathed. He put his arm around Moonbin's shoulder, and rested his head on his friend's head. "She'll get through this. I know it." Moonbin nodded weakly and closed his eyes. A tear fell.

As they arrived at the hospital, the doctors quickly took care of her and brought her to the surgery room. Moonbin and Rocky sat down on chairs in the waiting room. Everytime a doctor came in, Moonbin would jump, and look at the doctor, expecting some news. After an hour of waiting, a doctor came in and called the two young men. Moonbin jumped up and rushed to the doctor.