•17•

Last night was exactly what I needed to get my mind off of Tom. I really can't stand the way things are between him and I now, but the distraction of a date with a nice guy helped.
My phone dings, and I grab it off the couch.
Nick: good morning lovely, didn't loose your number😌
I smile at the text. How sweet is that?! Only one date and he's already sending me good morning texts.
Allison: good morning, I'm glad you didn't loose my number.
The front door opens and Audrey comes waltzing into the house.
"Need my backpack!" She says, quickly running back to her bedroom.
I see Tom standing in the doorway, and he gives me a small smile.
"Heard you all went out last night." He says.
So he goes from being a dick, to small talk? Why even talk to me at all.
"Yeah, we did." I nod.
"Have fun?" He asks.
"Yeah. A lot of fun." I smile, remembering the events of last night.
"Bye momma!" Audrey says, hugging me tightly before running back off to Toms car.
"Uhm I can pick her up from school if you need-" Tom offers.
"No she's been gone for two days. I'll pick her up, she has dance tonight anyways." I say.
He nods, awkwardly turning around and leaving, driving Audrey off to school.
I grab my phone once again, reading the texts.
Nick: would you maybe like to get a coffee while the kids are in dance?
I can't believe he's asking me out again!
Allison: yes, I'd like that :)
Tom brought up the idea of Audrey working with better dance teachers the other day again, so now I'm torn. She has an amazing friend and dance partner in her studio now with Paxton, but she really could get better training through one of Toms trainers. I'll just have to ask her and see what she wants.
After cleaning up around the house a bit and getting ready for the day, I head over to my parents house to have some tea and chat.
"Morning, mum." I say, walking into the kitchen that smells like freshly baked chocolate croissants.
"You haven't been over in two days.. is everything okay?" She asks as she hands me a cup of tea.
"Well actually uhm.. I told Tom.." I say.
Her eyes widen, setting down her cup quickly.
"How did it go?" She asks.
"He's happy, Audrey is happy. It worked out fine." I nod.
"What about you? You don't seem too happy." She states.
"I just had unrealistic expectations is all.." I sigh. "I thought we could be a family, all of us together finally."
"But?.." she encourages.
"But Tom hates me, and Audrey probably enjoys being with him more than me." I say.
"That's not true. Audrey loves you." She says.
I simply nod, not really wanting to talk about it anymore. I don't know how to feel about the situation yet, I just need to wait and see how it plays out. How Tom and I will split up time with Audrey, and just see what happens.
________
I walk Audrey into her dance studio, instantly seeing her run off excitedly to Paxton and hugging him. I can't see how she'd want to leave this place when she absolutely loves her friends here.
"Hey."
I turn around, seeing Nick standing behind me.
"Hey." I smile.
"Ready to go get that coffee?" He asks.
"Yeah definitely." I nod.
We wave goodbye to our kids who are far too busy talking to each other to notice, and walk out of the studio.
We walk down the sidewalk, to the coffee shop around the corner. His hand brushes mine several times, but never actually intertwines with mine. I feel like a school girl.
Stepping into the coffee shop, my eyes widen at what I see. Oh no...
"We uh, can we just-" I stumble over my words, but I'm too late.
"Hey Allie!" Haz waves, sitting at a table with Tom.
Oh god oh no.
"Who's that?" Nick asks.
"My friends.." I sigh.
"Go say hi, I'll get our coffees." He says.
"No I really don't need to go say hi." I say.
"Allie, come over here!" Haz calls again and I groan.
I walk over as nick orders our coffees, and Haz gets a knowing smirk on his face. Tom just sits there, an unreadable expression.
"Same guy from the other night?" Haz asks.
"Yeah.." I say. "The kids are in ballet so we decided to come here."
"Yeah so it's basically a date." Haz says and I roll my eyes.
He pulls out a chair for me and I give him a warning look.
"We're not sitting with you." I say.
"Here's your coffee." Nick says, handing me the cup.
"Have a seat you two." Haz says.
"Yeah okay." Nick smiles, taking a seat and waiting for me to sit down next to him.
I'm going to fucking kill Harrison later. I hesitantly take a seat, sipping my coffee.
"I'm Harrison, the best friend." Haz says.
"Nice to meet you, I'm nick." Nick introduces himself, looking over to Tom.
"Tom. Best friend and father of her child." Tom says and I mentally scream. Why in the world would he say that?! Nick doesn't need to know he's meeting one of my ex boyfriends..
"Anyways." I say, diverting the conversation.
"So what do you do for a living, Nick?" Tom asks.
"I'm an industrial engineer." He answers. I didn't even know what he did for a living..
"Ah so you aren't very creative." Tom says and my eyes widen.
"Well it takes quite a bit of creativity to figure out a way to make a project without wasting millions of dollars but.." nick says. "You're an actor though, wouldn't expect you to understand that."
Oh god this really isn't going well. I look over to Haz, seeing a slight smile on his face, He's enjoying this! He thinks it's funny!
"Actually I have my own charity that does a lot so, I get it." Tom shoots back.
"Okay I think we better get going." Haz says, finally helping.
"We were just getting to know the guy, no need to rush." Tom says.
"Yes. Please rush. Thank you." You say to Haz.
Haz practically drags Tom out of the coffee shop, and I move to sit across the table from Nick.
"I'm sorry about him.." I say.
"Don't worry about it." Nick shrugs it off. "I know how it feels to be the dad that doesn't want some creep around my kid."
And this is why Nick is such a great guy, he understands my entire situation without even trying. I don't have to be scared of telling him anything, because he's already gone through it.

A/N: this chapter is v messy I'm sorry. Also kinda in love with sassy Tom rn😂