•20•

The past five days without Tom around has been a bit difficult on Audrey, but he's made sure to video call her every single night and Harrison has been hanging around so that's kept her distracted.
Tonight Abbi is going to take Audrey while Nick comes over for dinner. He wanted us to have a nice night together so I offered to cook, then made sam come over and do all the cooking for me.
"Okay, this needs to rest about twenty five minuets, but other than that you're all set." He says.
"Have I ever told you how much I love you?" I ask.
"Only when I cook you food." He laughs.
Well.. he's not wrong.
"Thank you thank you thank you." I say, giving him a hug before he quickly leaves so he's not here when Nick shows up.
I make sure everything is set up perfectly, wanting tonight to go good. Nick and I aren't exactly a couple, but if tonight goes well that could change.
I wait patiently, and start to get a little irritated when he's late. I pull out my phone after twenty five minuets, texting him.
Allie: running late?
I send the text, tapping my nails on the table in front of me.
Nick: I'm so sorry I can't come tonight. Rain check? I'm so so sorry.
Is he seriously canceling? After all the trouble I went through of setting everything up, getting a baby sitter, and helping Harry cook all this food? Why couldn't he have just cancelled earlier, it's a dick move to wait until you're already twenty five minutes late.
I click out of our texts, and go to my texts with Tom.
Allie: you up?
Seconds pass and I get a response.
Tom: yes. What's up?
I click the video call button, and wait. Quickly the video chat starts and Toms face pops up on the screen.
"Hey darlin." He smiles. "Whatcha all dressed up for?"
"Well, I had a date with Nick and he cancelled after he was already almost thirty minuets late." I shrug.
"Are you serious?" He asks.
"Yep." I sigh. "Just me and all this food that I'm going to emotionally eat now."
"Well, I've got a pizza. Put me across the table." He says and I laugh.
"You want to eat with me?" I giggle.
"Well if that dick isn't coming I gotta step up." He says with a smile.
I walk into the kitchen, propping the phone up against the glass across from me. Tom lifts his New York pizza to his mouth, eating it.
"I will say, New York pizza is amazing, but Sam cooked." I say.
"What? Lucky." He frowns.
"So how's filming going?" I ask.
Tom goes on to explain everything about the scenes he's shooting right now. He's doing his own stunts and everything. This is what i always loved so much about him, how passionate he is about what he does. He absolutely loves his job and it shows.
"Excited to come out on Tuesday? I made sure to carve out some time for Audrey to come down and see the set." He says.
"She can't wait." I smile. "This will be a good bonding time for you two."
"Yeah.. for our whole family." He says.
Hearing him call us three a family for the first time.. it brought so much happiness to my heart. Maybe he's not mad anymore, maybe we can start to be a family.
____
I wake up on the couch, my phone in my hand. I must have fallen asleep talking to Tom.
I click my home button seeing a few texts.
Tom: are you asleep?
Tom: okay, you're definitely sleeping, those snores are just as loud as they use to be😂
Those texts make a laugh escape my lips. He use to constantly complain about my snoring, threatening to throw me out of the bed. I'd always respond with a pout and he'd just kiss me, and pull me in closer.
I miss those days. Just two dumb high schoolers in love.
I move onto the next text, rolling my eyes at who it is.
Nick: hey pretty girl
Nick: yoir so gorgeoys
Nick: csll me
Why is he texting so weird?.. and he can't type. Oh no..
my mind flashes back to the sobriety chip hanging from his rear view mirror.. he couldn't have started drinking again.. could he?
I can't decide if I should text back or not. I'm a little worried.. but it's not my place to ask if he's drinking again.
Allison: everything alright?
I send the text and lock my phone. I really hope he's okay..
I clean myself up for the day, and make my way over to my parents. I walk inside, smelling amazing freshly baked apple muffins. I wish I was as good at baking as my mum is.
"Hey mum." I say, taking a muffin.
"You look awful, did you not sleep?" She asks with concern.
"I was up half the night talking to Tom." I shrug.
"So you and Tom are talking again?" She asks.
"Yeah.. he even called us a family." I smile. "I think everything is going to work out.. we will get along and be able to coparent Audrey."
"Maybe you won't have to co parent, maybe you two will just get back together." She says.
"That's not going to happen, that ship has sailed." I say.
It's true, honestly I can't see Tom and I getting back together at this point. There is no way he will ever be able to trust me again, and you can't have a relationship without trust.
"Honey Nikki and I knew from the night at the New Year's Eve party that you two were going to be together forever." She says.

Flashback

"Come on, it's not that scary!" Tom groans.
"Tom you're making me walk across a roof. If I fall I die." I say, squeezing his hand tightly as we walk.
"I won't let you fall." He says.
We finally get to the very top, and sit down slowly. I sit very close to Tom, considering I have a deadly fear of heights. But Tom just had to see the fireworks from up here.
I've known Tom for about six months now, and this is our first New Year's Eve we're spending together. Well, all our friends and family are here too but we ditched them to climb the roof.
"They're going to start any minuet now." He says.
I look around, seeing how far down everyone is, they probably couldn't even hear me if I yelled.
"I'm scared.." I say quietly.
"Don't be afraid, love." He smiles, wrapping his arm around me. "It's going to be great."
I feel butterflies erupt in my stomach. I'd be lying if I said I didn't have a huge crush on him, and the way his arm is wrapped around my shoulders is making my senses go haywire.
"Tom.. can I tell you something?" I ask.
"Course." He nods.
"We're on a roof and I can't run away so.. this is probably the worst time to tell you that I really like you. A lot." I say.
His eyes shoot to mine, a smile growing on his face.
"I'm so happy to hear you say that." He says. "I've been into you since the day we met.."
I can't believe he's actually into me, how did this happen? I grin widely, and he leans in. His lips press to mine softly, and his hands grab the sides of my face. The kiss is short and sweet, everything you want your first kiss to be.
That is until we hear hollering and whistles. Everyone down on the ground was cheering that we finally kissed. Probably the most amazing and embarrassing moment of my life.
We spent the rest of the night watching the fireworks, stealing a few more kisses before the best one at midnight.