•21•

"Do you have your bag, Audrey?" I call as I see Haz pull up to the house.
"Yes!" She says excitedly, walking into the living room with her little rolling suitcase.
She's not only excited to see Tom, but just to go to New York in general. While London is my home, it's completely new to her. She's a New York girl through and through.
I open the door and Audrey makes her way out quickly to Haz. I grab my bag, pulling it out and shutting the door, locking it.
"Haz I get to go on set with daddy!" Audrey squeals.
"You're going to meet so many people that are so much cooler than your dad." Haz says.
"Spiderman is the coolest!" Audrey says. "Daddy says so."
"Toms a liar." Haz laughs more so to me than to Audrey.
"Get in the car and buckle up please." I say to her.
She gets in, setting her suitcase next to her and I put mine in the trunk.
"Nervous?" He asks.
"A little, I just don't know what to expect from him anymore." I say honestly as we get in the car, seeing Audrey has her tablet out and her headphones on.
"He wants what he can't have." He says simply.
"What do you mean?" I ask.
"You're with Nick, and Tom can't stand that." He states. "He wants you because he's realizing someone else is taking you."
"Well Nick and I aren't a thing anymore." I mutter. "He ruined our date night then hasn't talked to me since. His phone is off, he's not bringing Paxton to dance anymore, he's just disappeared."
"Am I allowed to be happy about that?" He asks with a laugh and I hit his arm playfully.
"No. You're not allowed." I say.
"Now you and Tom can have a family." He says.
We pull up to the airport and I hug Haz goodbye. Audrey hugs him and grabs her suitcase, getting out of the car.
"We'll see ya in a few days." I say to Haz.
"Allison.. get your guy back. You guys deserve to be happy." He says, driving off with a wave.
____
The plane ride was long, but Tom flew us first class which was amazing. I've never flown first class before. This is the life he lives.. and it's weird to think of him like that.
I forget he's famous a lot. When he's home, he's just his normal self. Not a millionaire Marvel actor that can call Robert Downey jr with a push of a button.
We walk through the airport, and see a nicely dressed man holding a sign saying 'Allie and Audrey' which is really cute.
"Hi." I smile at the man. "I'm Allie."
"I'm Eugene, I'll be taking you to Mr. Holland's hotel." He introduces himself.
We follow him out to a nice car, and he takes our bags, putting them in the back.
"He's a little weird." Audrey comments before he gets in the car.
"I have a feeling this will be a really weird few days." I say.
My phone dings and I look at the text.
Nick: hey Allison, sorry I've been MIA. Something happened that I had to take care of and everything is fixed now. I know you're on a trip with your daughter so no need to text back, have a fun time. See you two when you get home. :)
I feel relief reading the text, happy that nick is okay. I text back a quick thanks and well wishes.
The driver takes us to a hotel, and parks the car out front. The building is gorgeous, and one of the most expensive hotels in New York. Almost every celebrity has stayed here.
"Here is your room key, Mr. Holland got you a connected room and will be back shortly. He's just finishing up a few things on set." Eugene says, pulling our suitcases out of the trunk. "Room 416, top floor."
"Okay, thank you." I smile, and Audrey grabs my hand as we walk inside.
The lobby is huge with high ceilings and chandeliers. Tom really is living his best life.. we walk over to the elevator, clicking the button for the top floor.
"So daddy lives here?" Audrey asks.
"When he's working, yes." I nod.
"Can we live here with him?" She asks.
"As much fun as that would be, we need to be at home where you can go to school." I laugh lightly.
The elevator opens, letting us off at the top floor. I walk down the hallway, finding room 416 and pulling the key out of my pocket.
The door opens and my eyes widen. Holy shit..
"This is so cool!" Audrey squeals as she runs into the room.
The room is gorgeous, a big living room with beautiful white furniture, a giant tv, and the wall facing outside is just a huge window with a great view. There's doors leading to different bedrooms and bathrooms. In the center of it all sits a table with every dessert you could possibly ever want with a big note saying 'for my Allie and Audrey, enjoy!'
As Audrey picks through the crazy dessert table Tom left, I walk over to the window, taking in the sight. I missed it here.
"Momma it's so good!" Audrey exclaims with her mouth stuffed full of chocolate cupcake. Normally I'd make her wait until after she eats dinner, but we're on vacation! These few days are meant for fun.
The door opens, and a very tired looking Tom walks into the room.
"Daddy!" Audrey exclaims, running over to him.
"Hey angel!" He perks up instantly, picking her up in his arms and squeezing her tightly. "It's been a whole week.. you've grown!"
"Have not." Audrey giggles as he sets her down.
"I see you're enjoying the dessert table." He laughs, wiping the icing off her face.
He looks over to me with a smile, which I return instantaneously. It just feels so right, all of us being together. Like a family..
"Now I'm thinking we order room service, and get you to bed. You have a very big day tomorrow." Tom says to her.
"What's tomorrow?" She asks.
"Tomorrow is the day you meet iron man." He smiles widely.
"I thought he wasn't in this movie?" I ask.
"Well he's in town for something else, couldn't pass up meeting my daughter so." Tom shrugs as if it's no big deal.
"No way!" Audrey practically screams.
"Yes way! He's so excited to meet you!" He exclaims, setting her down on the couch.
"So you're telling people?" I ask.
"Only a few, and they're not going to tweet about it or anything. Promise. I wouldn't do anything to expose Audrey to the world." He says.
"Okay.." I say.
I don't love the idea of a bunch of famous strangers knowing Audrey is Toms daughter. If that information got out to the world it would be really bad for her. I don't want her to have to grow up in the spotlight. She deserves a normal life until she can make the decision herself if she wants to be public about who her father is.
We order room service which is almost one of the best meals of my life. This hotel is practically heaven. I put Audrey to bed in one of the rooms, walking back out into the living room area.
"Do you miss it here?" Tom asks.
"I miss my job, and I miss how independent I was, but I don't miss being alone." I say honestly.
"How did you go six years, raising her all on your own and working a full time job?" He asks in disbelief.
"It was hard." I admit. "As many times as I feel like I failed her, I know I'm a good mother. I did my best for the situation."
"I'm here now. You've got me." He says, placing his hand over mine.
I look up at him, confusion laced in my eyes. Tom is so difficult to understand, the way his emotions change seemingly overnight. I can't even keep up with him. I know he said he wants us to be civil, but I didn't expect friendliness out of him.
"You've got me, and we're going to make this work."