It's Okay to Not Be Okay: Episode 2

Our audacious writer and humble caretaker have been fascinated with each other from the get-go, and it only gets more intense from here. Our caretaker can't deny that he feels a pull towards this particular woman, but he's got other things — other people — to worry about. Little does he know, she's already hooked him in and has no intentions of ever letting him go.

EPISODE 2: "The lady in red shoes"

At the publishing house, Kang-tae tells Moon-young that he came to see her eyes — they remind him of someone he liked. In flashback, we see that young Kang-tae had fallen through thin ice, into a lake. While he was struggling to stay afloat, Moon-young was standing by, plucking flower petals and thinking, "Help him or don't help him?"

In the end, she did help him, and that started his intense interest in her. He followed her around, just like the boy in the premiere's animation, until that one day when she tore apart the butterflies in front of him.

Seeing the glint in Moon-young's eye, Kang-tae says, "Don't jump to conclusions. I wouldn't call them good memories." Moon-young lightly touches his chest, saying bad memories usually stay in the heart longer. He swipes her hand away and asks that she tell her boss not to contact him again. Whiiiich is when said boss Sang-in walks in.

Art director Seung-jae reminds Kang-tae that he asked her for Moon-young's autograph, and Moon-young smirks — he made that whole speech about her eyes when he just wanted her autograph?

Kang-tae tries to say that isn't the case, but he gives up since he really does need that signature. He gives her his hyung's name, and she signs her latest book Zombie Kid. With that, he walks out a little embarrassed.

Sang-in chases after Kang-tae, trying a little too hard to offer him a box of drinks. Of course, the box is actually full of cash and Kang-tae has no interest in it. Kang-tae leaves the building, and out on the balcony, Moon-young watches him.

"How pretty," she coos. "I want him." Then, she imagines herself being a giant and plucking him right off the street. (Not gonna lie, I do that sometimes too.) When Seung-jae comes in and interrupts her little fantasy, she asks that she do some digging on Kang-tae and keep it a secret from Sang-in.

On the bus home, Kang-tae opens the book to read the signature: "Sang-tae Oppa, I hope you can come to my book launch party. You can get my autograph and take pictures with me. Moon-young will be waiting for you~" Needless to say, when Sang-tae reads this, he's excited to go to the big event.

Kang-tae is glad to see Sang-tae so happy, but he has other things to do, so he asks his friend Jae-soo if he can accompany his hyung tomorrow. Jae-soo agrees, and aw, is he getting ready to shut down his restaurant to move with the boys?

A customer enters Jae-soo's restaurant, and he's delighted to see that it's nurse Joo-ri. We learn that Kang-tae, Jae-soo, and Joo-ri (and naturally, Moon-young) grew up in the same town. And please note that I made a mistake in the last recap — Joo-ri works at OK Hospital in their hometown, and Kang-tae was let go from a hospital in Seoul.

Jae-soo obviously has a crush on Joo-ri and Joo-ri obviously has a crush on Kang-tae. When Joo-ri asks about Kang-tae, Jae-soo tells her, "He's doing well, getting the joy out of overworking himself." And Kang-tae's doing just that, working at a warehouse moving boxes and, unfortunately, aggravating the stitches on his hand.

Back at the publishing house, Sang-in and the editors' team work through all of today's issues, but Moon-young clearly has control over them and has the last say over everything. Mind you, she's sitting on an actual throne like the queen she is.