It's Okay to Not Be Okay: Episode 14

It's dark and dreary in the cursed castle, as the prince and princess are thrown into a total nightmare. They know that being together means being in danger, that their past and present are finally catching up to hurt them. But this prince has no intentions of leaving his princess behind. Not this time.

EPISODE 14: "The hand, the monkfish"

The unique butterfly painted over Sang-tae's mural sends Moon-young running out of the hospital. Kang-tae catches up to her and, his voice desperate, says that it's not what she thinks. But she knows better — it's the same mutant design as her mother's one-of-a-kind brooch.

Kang-tae doesn't want to let her go, but she insists that she's not running away; she just needs time to think. As she leaves, he watches helplessly and then calls Sang-in to ask that he check in on her later.

For now, Kang-tae heads back inside to talk to Sang-tae, who's hiding under the kitchen table and crying that the mom/baby butterfly found him. Kang-tae crouches down and gently tells him that it's not the same butterfly, that the mutant butterfly is actually quite common.

Still, Sang-tae says, it was rude for someone to paint over his mural. "Right," Kang-tae says. "I'll catch that person and teach them a lesson." With that, Kang-tae coaxes him out, reminding him that he promised to be brave. Sang-tae says it's still hard for him, but he's sure he can overcome his fear with Kang-tae's help.

After leaving Sang-tae in Joo-ri's mom's hands, Kang-tae joins Director Oh in his office so they can check last night's surveillance footage. They find the moment when the perpetrator was painting... and Nurse Park turns right to the camera and smiles.

Kang-tae's mind starts racing, remembering his interactions with Nurse Park and putting the pieces together. Kang-tae can't believe she was right in front of them, even getting close with his brother. Now that they know, Director Oh plans to get the police involved and gives Kang-tae time off from work to be with his family.

Meanwhile, at the mansion, Moon-young is frantically searching through her mother's old vanity, but the butterfly brooch is gone.

The brooch is with Nurse Park (er, Hui-jae), who's out somewhere, standing by the ocean. She looks up to the sky and says to herself that she sure had a good time, thinking back to the night before. While she was with Dae-hwan, he said that he had no regrets, making her frown.

"You killed the woman you loved," she told him. "So you have no right to die in peace... honey." He looked up at her in shock, realizing it was his wife, and she continued that the only reason she let him live all this time was because it was so much fun watching him suffer.

Hui-jae laughed in Dae-hwan's face, saying it was quite thrilling to play this role with all the cameras and eyes watching. He weakly begged her not to hurt Moon-young, and to that, she stated that she's been looking after their daughter. We see that Hui-jae had been a nurse at the hospital Kang-tae worked at previously, and that she'd taken the steak knife Moon-young tossed aside. She snuck that knife into the patient Mr. Kim's room and encouraged him to take his own life. Whoa, what?

Hui-jae then told Dae-hwan that she worked so hard to raise Moon-young and that she didn't like how Moon-young was behaving lately. "Do you know what you need to do to make children obey their parents?" she asked, leaning in. "They become extremely obedient when you take away what makes them the most happy." With another wicked grin, Hui-jae walked away, leaving the panicked Dae-hwan crying out Moon-young's name.

Just as Kang-tae asked, Sang-in comes rushing into the mansion to check on Moon-young. And seeing how she's oddly cool and collected, even smiling at him, he can tell that something's wrong. He steps out to let her sleep and then calls Kang-tae.