It's Okay to Not Be Okay: Episode 3

After years of being away from home, our writer returns to retrieve the man who slipped through her fingers. And while she has no problem confronting him, it's an entirely different story with the ghosts of her past. It's a tough time for both leads, as they realize that their fears may be eating them up more than they thought.

EPISODE 3: "Sleeping witch"

Moon-young reunites with Kang-tae at OK Hospital, telling him she came because she missed him. On the staircase behind them, Joo-ri sees them together and gets a worried look on her face.

The couple go outside to talk, and Moon-young stands a little too close for Kang-tae's comfort. "I'm just amazed," she says. "You grew up well." He asks if she knows him, and she simply says she'd like to get to know him better. Unamused, he then asks what she wants, knowing she'll only leave once she gets it.

She smiles and answers that she wants him. He's pretty and when she sees something pretty, like shoes or clothes, she needs to have it. She'll do anything, whether she has to pay, steal, or take it by force. Before Kang-tae can respond (not that he could, after a line like that), Nurse Park calls Moon-young inside.

Moon-young meets with the hospital's director OH JI-WANG (Kim Chang-wan), who wants to catch her up on her father's condition. Director Oh is very much a straight shooter, saying that mental disorders accompanied by brain tumors are much harder to treat and that her father's symptoms are particularly bad. Nurse Park tries to sugarcoat his words, but it's unnecessary since Moon-young shows zero concern.

Director Oh brings up the hospital's therapy program, which consists of many different classes — all except for literature. He was hoping Moon-young would come teach twice a week, maybe even spend time with her father. In the patients' room, as Kang-tae is putting Go Dae-hwan to bed, another patient mentions that Dae-hwan's pretty daughter arrived. Kang-tae takes in this information, as well as the scars on Dae-hwan's hands.

Later, Kang-tae is changing in the locker room when Moon-young barges in all smiles and all eyes on his abs. Kang-tae pushes Moon-young out of the room, which is when Joo-ri passes by and sees them together yet again.

Once the girls are alone, Joo-ri asks what kind of relationship Moon-young has with Kang-tae. "That's something I never understood," Moon-young says. "How can you define a relationship in just one word?" It's a relationship that's been very close to death, that's led them to surprise each other, but it'd be cliche to call all of this destiny.

By the time Kang-tae comes out, through with his shift, Moon-young is waiting for him in her car. She badgers him to get in so they can have dinner together, and irritated, he says that she won't get through to him that easy. That's fine with her; she says him playing hard to get will be more fun. But for now, she decides to leave him alone.

Night falls, and we see Moon-young driving down a winding path. She glances up at her rearview mirror, startled when she sees a woman in the backseat. But when she looks back, there's no one there. She's spooked once again when she nearly hits a deer, and she uh... has a screaming match with it to make it go away. Pfft.

Kang-tae and Joo-ri run into each other in their neighborhood, and on their walk home, Joo-ri mentions that she thought he'd be eating dinner with Moon-young. Kang-tae assures her that they're not that close and that he'd rather spend his only mealtime outside of work with his brother.

Meanwhile, Moon-young finally makes it to her destination — the now dark, decrepit mansion that she once lived in. We hear Sang-in narrate, as he's talking to Seung-jae in his office, that Moon-young's father built the mansion to celebrate her birth, and in the middle of the forest so her mother could write.