It's Okay to Not Be Okay: Episode 8

If you thought the last episode was full of crying, fear not — this one is full of smiling. Our couple have taken their first steps to recovery, choosing to let go of their pasts and start anew. It's making them see everything differently, including each other. There are others, however, who aren't so happy with the way things are changing.

EPISODE 8: "Beauty and the beast"

Moon-young adores her new hairstyle, telling Kang-tae that she doesn't have to listen to her mom now that she's cut off her leash. Kang-tae is surprised to hear her reasoning behind the sudden change, and he congratulates her. But she'd rather get a pat on the head, like before. He does as she wishes, and she beams that she's as happy as The Cheerful Dog.

The next morning, at breakfast, Moon-young asks Sang-tae what he thinks of her bob. "Your long hair was prettier," he says, making her face fall. He starts rambling that she shouldn't have cut it, and Kang-tae tries (and fails) to defuse the situation by changing the subject. Now cranky, Moon-young asks Kang-tae to place her food on her spoon. Ha, has this become their thing?

Moon-young walks Kang-tae to the car, telling him to come straight home after work so they can play. In turn, he tells her not to get in any fights with Sang-tae. She stops to enjoy the morning breeze, and for a moment, he seems captivated by her.

She faces him, making him snap out of it, and asks if she really looks pretty. He reassures her that she does, and she decides that that's enough for her. She waves him goodbye, and as he's driving off, he can't help but look back at her in the mirror.

Once at work, Kang-tae is informed by caregiver Cha-yong that Go Dae-hwan had a seizure last night. As Kang-tae is redressing Dae-hwan, Dae-hwan brings up the ghost and the song it always sings. "She definitely died," he says, "but that woman is here."

Kang-tae asks Dae-hwan who he's referring to, but Dae-hwan just looks out the window and repeats that the woman is at the hospital.

At home, Moon-young is browsing through articles of herself, upset to see that she's still getting angry fan comments. She's glad to have Sang-tae, at least, and asks him what he likes about her. Without missing a beat, he states that he liked her long hair the best.

Meanwhile, Sang-in and Seung-jae are eating at Subway (whoop, there it is). Apparently, Sang-in made Seung-jae do a background check on Joo-ri. He has her relay every little detail, from Joo-ri's family to her relationship with Kang-tae.

While taking a break outside, Kang-tae thinks back to the way Moon-young looked before, the wind in her hair, and his saying she was pretty. "You must be going crazy, Moon Kang-tae," he says to himself.

Director Oh looks through the hospital's CCTV footage, wanting to find out what happened to Go Dae-hwan last night. And he sees that just after Dae-hwan's seizure, a woman with long hair walked by — a woman that he thinks he recognizes. He calls Kang-tae and asks him to bring Park Ok-ran in.

(Reminder that Ok-ran is the woman who disregarded another patient's sightings of the ghost and slapped Joo-ri.) Kang-tae brings Ok-ran in, and Director Oh starts questioning her about her whereabouts last night. He also asks if she happened to hum a certain song, earning Kang-tae's attention.

Ok-ran lets out a dry laugh and tells Director Oh that she isn't some ghost. Director Oh sees that he won't be getting answers from her, so he decides to let her go. As Kang-tae is guiding Ok-ran back to her room, he catches her chuckling again, and she explains that she's finally getting some attention.

Later, on the roof, Director Oh and Kang-tae talk it over and wonder why Ok-ran is lying. Director Oh asks Kang-tae to keep an eye on her, even offering a favor in return. And Kang-tae jumps at the opportunity, wanting him to start up Moon-young's classes again.