Chapter 18

Alice sat on her balcony staring of, the sun had set a few hours ago, her voice was sore from singing for about five hours on the roof earlier so she just sat there. She held up her bandaged wrist, the damage was worse than she anticipated she moved it around slowly wincing as she did so. 'This one will take a few weeks to fully heal,' bringing her hand down to her side she felt the bruise that was starting to form there. She hadn't let the others know but Penelope and her minions roughed her up before binding her to the fence.

She tried taking a deep breath but hissed at the pain, if she had hinted at even the slighted pain besides her wrist Kuma would of really grilled her for the names. It was easier if they stayed out of it, she didn't know what she'd do if they hurt Chie or Kuma... Or Theo. A blush crept on her face thinking about the sunflower boy. 

It quickly went away as Penelope's words shoved their way into her head again, "you're delusional demon. He's that nice to everyone, you're really nothing special." Shaking her head she got up and was about to head inside but stopped noticing Theo watching her from his window. His face heated up as they made eye contact, "I-uh-I just wanted to check on you, make sure you were okay." He started rubbing the back of his neck as he looked away nervously. "You weren't singing tonight so I got worried." He shyly raised his eyes to meet hers.

'It's barely been a week and he already knows I sing out here every night,' she blushed at the thought. "Y-yeah, I sang a lot today so my throat kind of hurts too much to sing now." She let some hair fall into her face trying to mask her emotions. "Alice, how long were you out there exactly?" She screwed her eyes shut thinking she got away with her friends not figuring that out, "just awhile." 

"Alice," his voice came deep, demanding, not his usual soft spoken voice, she slowly looked him in the eye. 'Whelp that was a mistake.' His deep blue eyes were narrowed, challenging her to lie or avoid the question again. "How long?" he said again but as a command this time. Gulping she took a shaky breath, "about five hours."