Chapter- twenty-three

Bettys P.O.V.

I found out that i was pregnant a week after Jughead left. I wasn't feeling good so Kevin called a doctor that was family friend of FP.

When he told me i was shocked and happy at the same time. I couldn't believe that there was a human being growing inside of my body.

But then there was an important decision to make. Should i tell Jughead? The problem was that if i would tell him he would come back and even through there nothing else i would want more, i knew that it would be bad. The people need him. You can call me selfish if you want but i did it for my child. I want my child to grow up in piece and happiness even through it would cost me pain not to see it's father.

The only one who knew that i was pregnant was girls, Kevin and Vojta. No one else knew.

Well that was until Anna came back to check on us.....

You know, after like three months of seperation Jughead became paranoid and he had to knew that i was fine, so he send Anna to check on me. It went like this:

I was in the safe room looking through old photo albums of Jughead that Toni gave me. Then I heard knock on the door and I was suprised to see Anna in the door.

A: Hey Eliza.

B: Anna!

I said and runned to hug her. She hugged me back and when we split She noticed my little bump.

A: Betty, is that....

She said and i put her hands on my belly.

B: Jugheads baby.

From her eyes started to fall tears.

A: Oh my god!

She was silent for a moment and then she asked.

A: Does he know?

B: No....

I said sadly.

A: Why?

B: I can't him let to leave his people. They need a leader.

A: So l he isn't gonna know anything? You are gonna leave him in the dark?

She sounded very sad.

B: I don't have a choice... It's gonna be for the best.

A: Does that mean-

B: That you can't tell him anything!!

A: But don't you think he deserve to know that he is gonna be a father?

B: But for that we need him to win and don't think that i don't want him back! But this is a time of crisis and i can't be selfish! This isn't about me, this isn't for me! This is for my and Jugheads child!!

A: Now you spoke like a queen but i know that deep inside theres a massive pain in your heart. I won't tell him anything but I hope you know  what are you doing. Remember you aren't gonna be the only one in pain from lying.

I knew what she meant. She loved Jughead so much, it was painful for her to lie to her beloved cousin.

B: I know it's gonna be hard but i need you to keep an eye on him, he-

A: Don't say anything else, i understand everything. You want your child to have a father. Something i know child need. I will do as you want. I will protect him. Your child isn't gonna grow up with the same pain in it's heart like i did.

I never realized that, Anna maybe had FP but she never saw him as a father. She saw him more like a guardian angel. Because of that a part of her was empty.