A single petal of the red rose

Finally, it had come the time of 3A's last culture festival. They had decided that the best option would be copying what 3B had done in their last year, it seemed fun.

They had collectively come to the conclusion that they would choose a single play, and make it a musical.

They had decided on doing beauty and the beast, now came the time of deciding the roles.

"Jirou" Denki called "you're by far the best singer, beauty?"

"Hard pass imma stay backstage, not very into the musicals scene"

"Momo has a nice voice... kero" Tsu now pointed out "would you like to be the beauty?"

"It would be an honor to represent our class in the play"

"ok so we have the beauty and the beast let's decide secondary roles" Kirishima said

"We don't have a beast dumbass shitty hair"

"Ohh a double insult" Denki answered Katsuki.

"You are" Kirishima happily exclaimed " I thought it was obvious?"

"WHY THE FUCK WOULD I?!!"

"You saying you can't?" Sero teased

"OF COURSE I CAN I HAVE THE VOICE OF AN ANGEL"

"Great then Baku is the beast" Mina thought out loud.

Bakugou grunted but did not complain further.

Before the end of the meeting they had given roles to everyone, some in stage some backstage. Of course here we only care for two people so I'll just say, Ochako is Momo's understudy and Sero is Bakugou's.

So in rehearsal Momo and Bakugou would dance together to every single song, so did Sero an Ochako. Though it was obvious Ochako's and Sero's chemistry was way better than the other two's.

Momo once was very sick of Bakugou's antics and asked, no, begged to rehearse with Sero. Nothing could be worse than Bakugou, Momo thought.
She got along quite okay with Katsuki so she accepted. Well... they hadn't ever talked but the recognized each other in the hallway when she'd say hi, and he'd grunt in response, or in his days of a better mood just called her cheeks.

————

"Soo..." she started after a few seconds of silence "you wanna rehearse?"

"Why the fuck else are you here?"

"I forget how rude you are"

The track started playing

"Theres something sweet and almost kind" He took the script from her hands and with a hand on her chin made her look up "But he was mean and he was coarse and unrefined"

He looked away from her blushing

"And now he's dear im so unsure" She took a hand to his cheek and moved his face so they could look at each other "I wonder why I didn't see it there before"

The backtrack kept on and finally got to his part. Ochako was in shock the second he opened his mouth, he truly did have the voice of an angel.

"She glanced this way, I thought I saw" he looked in awe at the girl in front of him, holding her hand he kept on "And when we touched she didn't shatter at my paw"

He let go of her hand

"No it can't be, ill just ignore, but then she's never looked at me that way before"

She grabbed his hands this time standing up

"New and a bit alarming" Then he stood up "Who have ever thought that this could be" She giggled "True that he's no Prince Charming, but there's something in him that I clearly didn't see"

He hugged her tightly for a second and when they were apart he kissed her and from outside of the room mina squealed and hid under the window, they had of course forgotten they were in the classroom.

Oof

Wanna know how it continues... I'll post the next part tomorrow... maybe