Chapter 1

It was a warm May morning and the sun was beginning to shine through the trees. (Y/N) stood motionless at the front gates of the school, gazing at the looming building in front of her with intent. Holding her books tightly to her chest, she took a deep breath and began to slowly walk into Inarizaki High School.

Though she felt anxious in these unfamiliar halls, she strolled past the classrooms with confidence. 'There's nothing to worry about. It's a fresh start. As long as you just be yourself, you'll get by just fine,' (Y/N) thought to herself, nearing her second-year classroom.

As she approached the door, a small crowd of girls rushed past her in a frenzy, knocking her to the floor, causing her to land on her wrist, which was bandaged up from a previous injury. With her books and papers scattered everywhere, she frantically tried to pick up her belongings, wincing in pain. Looking up, she saw the cluster of girls standing only a few feet away from her, surrounding a tall boy with dyed blond hair. He glanced down at her and gave a condescending smirk. He looked like a character from a Korean comic she had recently read. Agitated, (Y/N) opened her mouth to say something but was stopped when she heard a shuffle beside her.

She turned to see a boy with sleek dark hair crouched on the ground, gathering up the rest of the loose papers that lay on the ground. He held them out to her and she took them gratefully.

"Th-thank you." She stuttered.

The boy stood up, gave her a small smile, and turned away without a word, walking into her classroom. The bell rang as (Y/N) picked herself off of the ground and she slowly entered the class.

(Y/N) exchanged a few words with the teacher before she was led to the front of the class.

"Good morning." The teacher said to the students.

"We have a new student that will be joining us this year, (L/N)(Y/N). Please make her feel welcome."

(Y/N) bowed to the class, her long (H/C) hair glinting in the morning sun coming through the window. The class stared at the beautiful new girl in awe.

Suddenly the sound of snickering came from the back of the class. (Y/N) saw the blond-haired boy from earlier laughing along with a dark haired girl, completely ignoring the introduction the teacher was giving (Y/N). 'How rude.' She thought to herself.

(Y/N) was led to her desk by the window. Sitting down, she noticed a head of sleek black hair in the seat in front of her. It was the boy who had helped her earlier.

The lesson began and dragged on for what seemed like eternity until finally the teacher passed out some papers to work on. (Y/N) took the opportunity to tap the boy in front of her on the shoulder. He slowly turned around and looked at her with no expression on his face.

"I just wanted to let you know that I appreciate you helping me earlier." She said quietly. "What's your name?"

The boy paused for a moment, and finally said, "Suna Rintarō."

---

Lunch had just begun and (Y/N) sat awkwardly at her desk, debating on either eating by herself in the classroom or eating by herself in the cafeteria. Both options did not sound appealing but she decided the classroom was probably best. She didn't mind being alone, in fact, she often liked the peace and quiet.

In front of her, Suna lazily stood up and picked up his bag. He looked back to see (Y/N) unpacking her lunch, readying herself to eat alone.

A moment passed.

"Would you like to come to the cafeteria with me?" He said in a low tone.

(Y/N) glanced up in surprise.

'I don't want to be a bother to him. I should be fine eating by myself.' She quickly thought.

"No than-"

Another thought flashed through her mind, 'Maybe its a good idea to try and make some friends.'

"Actually, yes. Thank you." She said briskly.

The two of them began to leave the classroom when she heard a loud voice behind them.

"Moving schools so early in the year, huh. Let me guess, nobody liked you so you transferred here."

(Y/N) whipped around to see the blond boy smirking at her. Beside him, the girl from the back of the class giggled at his comment. Blood boiling, (Y/N) took a step towards the pair but a hand pulled her back and out of the classroom.

"Lets go." Suna said quietly as they walked towards the cafeteria.

"Who the hell is that asshole?!" (Y/N) growled. She was fuming.

Suna sighed, "Miya Atsumu. My teammate."

"Teammate? For what?"

"Volleyball."

(Y/N)'s face immediately softened at the sound of the sport. The happy memories on the court rushed back to her mind.

Suna noticed this change in expression, "Do you play?" He asked.

"Yea I actually do." (Y/N)'s face fell immediately remembering her current situation.

"You should join the club. Make some friends."

"Well, I would but I can't play for a few weeks." She said sadly.

(Y/N) lifted her wrist to show it all bandaged up.

Suna hadn't noticed this until now. He felt bad for this new girl.

"Oh." Was all he said.

(Y/N) chuckled to herself. Suna was definitely not a man of many words. The pair walked in a comfortable silence, nearing the entrance of the cafeteria. As they entered, a familiar face came into view.

"Oh great. It's the asshole." (Y/N) muttered.

As the boy walked closer, (Y/N) noticed his hair seemed different from before, instead of blond, it was tinted silvery grey. He greeted Suna and turned to (Y/N) who glared at him intensely.

"New hair color I see." Said (Y/N) in a bold tone, finally seeing the opportunity to stand up for herself.

The boy gave her a strange look but she continued.

"What happened to the blond? Well, you shouldnt have changed it cuz now you just look like a stupid old man." She said with satisfaction.

Silence.