Chapter 40

A few days had passed since (Y/N) had left the hospital. She was now stuck at home by herself for the weekend. Her parents had left for a few days to go visit her grandmother back in Miyagi. She had wanted to go as well but was told she needed to rest her ankle.

(Y/N) sprawled herself on the couch, glancing at the television every once in a while. Outside the window, the sun was beginning to set, casting reds and oranges across the sky. Her ankle was wrapped up in a stiff cast, it would be a while before she could walk normally. For now she used a pair of crutches to get around the house.

A loud knocking suddenly came at the front door.

(Y/N) slowly got up and reached for her crutches. She grabbed them and began making her way towards the door. Once there, she turned the handle and opened it.

"(Y/N)! I-"

She slammed the door immediately. What the hell was the blond bitch Atsumu doing here? She made a move to lock the door but he pushed it back open before she had the chance.

He stepped in, looking out of breath, as if he had just run to her house, "(Y/N) I want to talk to you."

"Get out of my house." She said angrily. Being with him made her feel the pain of knowing he never truly liked her.

"Please just hear me out-" He started, but she turned and limped down the hall, "Come on." He begged, following behind her.

"Just leave me alone."

"No. Not until we talk."

She ignored him.

"(Y/N)!" He said and grabbed her arm. She turned towards him, hurt in her eyes.

"I just want you to listen to what I have to say." He continued, "Remember when Akari framed you for taking the tickets? I ignored you when you tried to explain yourself and I regret that so much. So please. You don't need to believe me, but at least just let me talk."

(Y/N) stopped and looked into his dark brown eyes. She could see he meant it.

"Fine."

They sat down at the kitchen table and Atsumu pulled out a crumpled note from his pocket. He unfolded it, handed it to (Y/N), and began to explain everything.

---

"Are you sure you're not Osamu in disguise? The food smells delicious." (Y/N) limped over to the stove where Atsumu was cooking up an incredible dinner. After telling (Y/N) what had happened with Akari, he had insisted on making her dinner.

Hearing that Akari had devised the whole kiss made her sick. But it also relieved (Y/N) that Atsumu had never had any bad intentions.

She watched him as he chopped up food on the cutting board. He had put on her mother's apron and was looking absolutely adorable.

She quietly snuck behind him, snatching a piece of food from the counter and shoving it in her mouth. She quickly sped away but it was too late. Atsumu had seen her.

"Hey come back here!" He laughed, "You're not supposed to eat that yet."

"Too bad." she giggled.

He chased her down, catching up to her quickly. She squealed as he tackled her to the couch. She squirmed but he held her down.

"You're not gonna get away with that." He smirked.

"Well I already did." She shot back smugly.

He moved his face closer. (Y/N) felt his golden hair brush up against her, tickling her forehead, "(Y/N)..." He whispered, "You still owe me a kiss."

"I don't owe you anything." She grinned jokingly.

"Well, even if you don't owe me, this kiss has been long overdue." He leaned down and brought his soft lips onto hers.

(Y/N) felt sparks fly. She moved her lips along with his as he brought his hand up, stroking her hair. She had to admit, he was really good at kissing. She wanted to stay in this moment forever.

After some time, he pulled back and looked at her, gently bringing his hand to her cheek.

"(Y/N)?"

"Mhm?"

"You're the most beautiful girl I've ever seen." He gazed caringly at her.

She flushed and he pulled her tightly into his strong arms.

He continued, "We've come so far together. You used to hate my guts... but now I can finally call you mine."

He moved his face towards her's and they shared another long kiss.

"I love you (Y/N)."

...

"I love you too." She replied, her heart racing. He was the only one for her. She smiled to herself as Atsumu held her. She never wanted to leave. She really did love this boy, with all her heart.

End.