Chapter 4

Atsumu stood unmoving, his cheek glowing a bright red from the force of (Y/N)'s hand. All eyes were on the two of them.

"Asshole." (Y/N) said under her breath. She turned away and furiously marched towards the doors of the cafeteria, food still covering her clothes and hair. As she reached the exit, she heard his voice call out to her.

"Asshole? Take a look in the mirror, at least I don't look like an ugly boy."

With that, (Y/N) disappeared from sight.

Atsumu looked down at the mess at his feet, spotting (Y/N)'s yellow wallet, now stained darkly with soy sauce. He bent down and grabbed the wallet, sliding it into his pocket.

---

Suna sat in front of (Y/N)'s empty desk, she hadn't returned after the lunchtime events and he was getting worried. He knew she had most likely gone home, but still, he wanted to check in on her and regretted not asking for her contact information earlier.

Suna recalled the moments after (Y/N) had stormed out. Kita had given Atsumu a piece of his mind, pulling him into the hallway, shouting and scolding him until the bell rang.

At the back of the classroom, Atsumu sulked, not speaking to anyone, even Akari couldn't get a single word out of his mouth.

Class was dismissed and Suna began to quietly pack up. After a few minutes, he noticed that for the first time, Osamu was not waiting at the door to walk with Atsumu to volleyball practice.

---

(Y/N) slammed the front door out of breath, to her relief, nobody was home. Noticing that most of the moving boxes were gone, she swept through the hall and ran to the bathroom, her injured wrist still throbbing from the slap. Preparing a bath, she stripped her food-stained clothes and sat in the warmth of the water, engulfing herself with silence.

She didn't understand. Why her? (Y/N) closed her eyes and took a few deep breaths, something she often did to calm herself during a stressful volleyball game. Atsumu was just a stupid boy, and his childish actions weren't going to affect her.

She got up out of the water and dressed herself. She went to her room, settling under the covers of her soft bed. Nothing would be better than a nice long nap. She thought to herself before drifting off into a deep sleep.

"(Y/N)! Wake up, youve napped long enough!" Her eyes fluttered open to see her mother shaking her awake. Looking at her clock, she realized she had been sleeping for almost five hours.

"You have to get ready, remember? We're going to have dinner at your father's coworker's house and you can't go dressed like that." Her mother pestered, pointing at (Y/N)'s sweatpants and shirt. (Y/N) groaned and slipped out of bed, grabbing a pair of nice jeans and a flowing white shirt from her closet. She gazed into the mirror, running a brush through her beautiful long hair, and decided to do some simple makeup.

"Hurry up (Y/N)! We don't want to be late."

"Coming." She mumbled, joining her parents at the front door.

After a quick drive, the family arrived at the house, (Y/N) felt excited to eat, her stomach grumbled in apprehension. She hadn't had a home-cooked meal in over a week, since the process of moving houses resulted in consecutive dinners of takeout.

Her mother knocked on the door, hearing footsteps approaching from inside, (Y/N) fixed her hair and made herself presentable. A tall woman opened the door and smiled warmly. She looked familiar, but (Y/N) couldn't place a finger on how she knew this woman.

"I'm glad you could join us for dinner! Come in, come in!" The lady ushered (Y/N) and her family into the house.

"This must be (Y/N), what a beautiful young girl." (Y/N) flushed from the compliment.