Chapter 29

Atsumu sat up, "Hi Sousuke! Are you ready to play some volleyball?"

"Yeah!" The little boy exclaimed, "I wanna learn how to set today!"

"Setting?" Atsumu's eyes glinted in silent excitement, "Well you're in luck Sousuke-Chan! I'm what you would call an expert in setting."

Atsumu started instructing Sousuke on the basic form of setting, while (Y/N) sat in the grass observing. Setting was the one thing she wasn't too great at in volleyball, but thankfully she didn't have to do it too often since she was a wing spiker. Though, maybe improving her setting skills would help her to become more of a well-rounded and versatile player.

She got up and walked towards the two boys. Sousuke was trying to shape his hands in the proper setting position and Atsumu was guiding him through the technique, "Don't slap at the ball, let it come down so that you can momentarily cushion it in your hands. Then push it towards your target, making sure your hands follow through in the direction you want it to go in."

(Y/N) tapped Atsumu on the shoulder, "Um, can you um... possibly teach me how to set better?"

Atsumu's surprised face quickly turned to a smirk, "(Y/N) asking me for help? Did I hear you correctly?" He teased.

"Argh. Nevermind." She turned away indignantly and started back towards her spot in the grass.

"Hold on." He pulled her back towards him and handed her the ball, "Show me what you can do and I'll help you fix your mistakes."

(Y/N) threw the ball up and began setting to herself on the spot. It wasn't terrible, but she was slightly clumsy and lacked good control.

"Okay, stop." Atsumu came towards (Y/N) and stood directly behind her. She stiffened, feeling him pushed against her back.

"Wh-what are you doing?"

"I'm helping you." He reached his arms around her and grabbed her wrists, holding them up just above her forehead, "You've been contacting the ball too low." From his position pressed behind her, he adjusted her arms until they were to his liking, "Make sure to keep your elbows less outwards and your thumbs bent back towards your face more."

(Y/N) was glad he couldn't see her from the front. She wasn't used to this much physical contact and her face had heated up.

"Now try setting." Atsumu stepped back and gave her some room to go set again.

This time she held the form he had moved her into and set the volleyball up and down with less awkwardness.

"Great! See you're already improving! All thanks to my fabulous teaching skills. Now you shall call me Atsumu-Sensei." He grinned and (Y/N) raised an eyebrow.

For the next hour, she and Sousuke set the ball back and forth while Atsumu watched from the side and gave them tips. By the end of it, (Y/N)'s setting had improved drastically. There was no way she was ever going to call Atsumu sensei, but she had to admit that he was very good at teaching volleyball.

Sousuke took his volleyball and went home, leaving (Y/N) and Atsumu. Before running back home, they made a quick stop at the water fountain in the park.

(Y/N) leaned over and drank up the refreshing water from the fountain. When she turned back to Atsumu, she noticed he was giving her a strange look.

"What?" She asked.

"Well... do you remember when we went to the restaurant on the other side of town and I said that they sometimes had a night market on the weekends?"

"Yeah." (Y/N) thought back to the bike ride when he had mentioned the market.

"How about we go check it out tonight. They've got some pretty interesting things there" Atsumu suggested, "Plus some really good food." He added.

"Sure! I guess it'll be nice to check it out." She answered cheerfully, "Who else is coming?"

Who else? Atsumu had wanted to just spend time with (Y/N) and (Y/N) only. But would she think it was weird if he didn't want to invite anyone else?

"Oh! Can we bring Osamu and Suna?" She asked eagerly.

Atsumu sighed quietly in defeat, "Sure."

---

(Y/N) and Suna stepped into the bustling market. The streets were glowing with lights as well as lanterns, and stalls were flocked with people. They had taken the bus together and were supposed to meet the twins in a few minutes. Together they strolled to the end of the block, where (Y/N) spotted a familiar pair of grey and blond haired boys.

Atsumu noticed his friends approaching and waved. The four of them joined together and explored the various parts of the night market. (Y/N) and Osamu were clearly very excited by all of the food and were scurrying around the stalls, admiring the snacks.

"I'll be right back." Atsumu dashed off towards something that had caught his eye.

He returned in no time holding a small paper bag full of colorful mochi balls. He handed them to (Y/N), "Have these. You'll love them."

Her eyes lit up, "These look so tasty!" She popped two into her mouth at once and closed her eyes in delight, "Mmhf, they're so good." She said with her mouth full.

Atsumu beamed, happy that she had enjoyed them. He loved seeing her adorable face when she smiled.

Osamu glanced at his brother. Lately Atsumu had been treating (Y/N) differently than he did with most people. He always seemed to be his best self around her. Osamu wondered why. Could it be that Atsumu liked...

Osamu was hit with the realization of what was going on. His brother had a crush on (Y/N). He knew Atsumu well enough to pick up on the subtle hints he was dropping. Osamu suddenly grabbed Suna and rushed out of sight of (Y/N) and Atsumu. Leaving them alone together.

"Wait! Where are you guys goin-" (Y/N) called out to the two boys but had already lost them in the crowd.

"That's weird. Why would they just run off?" Atsumu said suspiciously.

"Whatever." (Y/N) brushed it off, "We'll find them eventually. How about we check out the stuff over there." She pointed down the block and they continued down the street.

After getting far enough, Osamu finally stopped and let go of Suna. "Why'd you do that?" The black-haired boy grumbled.

Osamu shot him a look, "We needed to get (Y/N) and Atsumu by themselves. I think Atsumu likes (Y/N)."