Chapter 28

"So (Y/N), explain to me how exactly you, Osamu, and Suna pulled off that plan of yours. I still don't completely understand why my brother was pretending to be me." Atsumu said to (Y/N) curiously.

"Well..." She began to describe in detail what had happened, from overhearing Akari in the stairwell, to having Suna 'forget' his notes in order to get ahold of Akari's phone. When she finished, Atsumu gawked at her.

"You guys did that all just for me...?" His face suddenly darkened and he looked away, "You probably think a lot less of me, huh."

"What do you mean?" (Y/N) asked, concerned for his unusual change in mood.

"The video." He answered, "It was a mistake, I-"

"Atsumu." She said firmly, "I didn't watch it. Neither did Suna."

"You didn't?" His eyes were wide.

"Why would we? There would be no point. There was obviously a reason you didn't want anyone seeing it."

"Oh." Atsumu paused, seemingly at a loss for words, "Thanks." He finally said quietly.

She gave a soft smile, making him feel warm inside. Atsumu was glad that (Y/N), as well as his teammates, were looking out for him.

It wasn't long before the steaming hot food arrived. They dug in, starving after their long day. (Y/N) now understood why the lineup outside was so long. This dinner was unlike anything she had ever tasted. Her tastebuds were practically melting off, the food was so incredible.

"Osamu must love it here." She said, thinking of the grey-haired twin and his love for food.

"He loves it a little too much. Whenever he gets the opportunity, he'll drag me here and we have to wait in line for over an hour." Atsumu rolled his eyes.

They finished their dishes in no time, their stomachs ready to burst. Atsumu paid the bill and they left feeling satisfied.

"You better take it easy on the ride home." (Y/N) grumbled, "The last thing we want is either of us throwing up from motion sickness." She patted her full belly.

Atsumu nodded and they rode back towards their neighborhood.

Once they arrived at (Y/N)'s house she got off the bike, "Thank you." She bowed.

"No." Atsumu shook his head, "I should be thanking you. You forgave me for all the things I did to you and then you helped me out of a tough situation. You are truly a great person (Y/N), and... I'm so glad I met you."

(Y/N) met his gaze, she couldn't identify the expression on his face. She felt a small blush creep onto her face.

"I-I'm glad I met you too." She stuttered, "Goodnight. I'll see you tomorrow." And with that, (Y/N) ran inside.

---

The rest of the week flew by in a blur. (Y/N)'s days were filled with school, volleyball, and time with friends. Finally things were becoming normal in her life. No more drama and no more psycho-bitches. Speaking of Akari, the dark-haired girl had not spoken to (Y/N) or Atsumu since the day she found out about the deleted video. Though, (Y/N) could feel Akari's glares boring into the back of her head during class. She couldn't help but feel as if Akari was plotting some sort of 'revenge', but at this point, she didn't care.

Atsumu had moved from his spot at the back of class so that he was now sitting closer to (Y/N) and Suna's desks. His personality at school had changed dramatically. Suna told (Y/N) that this new behavior had actually been Atsumu's usual until Akari had come along last month. Now Atsumu was confident and talkative with his classmates, unlike his cold and quiet attitude before. (Y/N) enjoyed seeing this side of him at school, where he seemed genuinely happy all the time.

With Akari gone from his side all of the time, Atsumu's fangirls had taken notice and would swarm him in the halls constantly. It was a lot harder for (Y/N) to have the opportunity to talk to him outside of class. At least he managed to get away long enough to start eating lunch at the table with (Y/N) and her friends.

Once the weekend rolled around, she was actually excited to play volleyball with Sousuke and Atsumu at the park. On Saturday morning, she was woken up to a text.

Atsumu: Heyy running buddy ;) We'r joggingv to the park together wether u like it or not so hurry up and I'll meet u outsid in 20 minutes.

She looked at the message and rolled her eyes. She typed a response.

(Y/N): Fix your spelling and I'll consider.

(Y/N) set her phone down and climbed out of bed. She ate a small breakfast, changed into athletic clothes, and left the house after 25 minutes. Atsumu was pacing on the sidewalk impatiently.

"Took you long enough." He fussed.

"Atsumu, 5 minutes late is not long." She brushed past him and began running fast down the street.

"Woah woah, you're not gonna wait for me to start?" He called out, chasing after her.

"Well if you can't keep up, then I guess we can't be running buddies." She laughed.

He caught up to her and they continued together, looping in and out of the streets. The rhythm of (Y/N) and Atsumu's footsteps eventually fell into sync. Neither of them spoke, instead, they just enjoyed the peaceful silence.

After enough time had passed, they changed direction, their destination now being the park. As they neared the greenery, (Y/N) suddenly sped up.

"Race ya there." Without another word, she took off down the street at full speed.

"No fair! You got a head start." He followed (Y/N), right on her tail.

They sprinted into the park, neck in neck, "I won!" Both (Y/N) and Atsumu yelled in unison, then flopped onto the grass. They lay on the ground facing the sky, panting from exhaustion.

"I... definitely won... that..." She said while gasping for air.

"No... I did" He breathed heavily.

"It was a tie." Said a small voice. Sousuke was standing over their bodies in the grass giving them a slightly concerned look, "Astumu-Senpai, (Y/N)-Senpai, you guys look kinda dead."