Chapter 27

Akari paused momentarily, then let out a cackling laugh, "HAHAHA don't say something you'll regret Atsumu. Come on let's go now." She motioned towards the doors.

"I said no." He spoke to her calmly.

"I'd rather not do this the hard way." She growled coldly, reaching for her phone.

"Fine, do it." Atsumu smirked at her.

"I'll make sure every single person in this school sees this." She flicked her eyes up maliciously as she scrolled through her phone, "Beginning with your little friend here." Akari signalled to (Y/N).

"Sees what?" (Y/N) asked, playing dumb.

"Ahh, this right here..." Akari trailed off, a perplexed look appearing on her face, "Wait. This can't be right. Where is it?" She began scrolling fiercely through her phone, but failed to find what she was looking for.

"It's gone. How?" Akari ran her fingers through her hair frantically, "How was it deleted? I didn't give anyone my phone... WAIT. YOU AND SUNA." She whipped around hysterically to face (Y/N).

"YOU BITCH." Akari started towards (Y/N), "I'M GONNA MAKE YOU REGRET THIS!" She cried in anger, "YOU-"

"Excuse me." A familiar voice called from behind Akari, "I'm going to have to ask you to leave. You are interrupting important practice time for these players. Please go do something more useful with your time."

"But-"

"Would you like me to report you to the principal for disturbing training?" The voice asked sternly.

"N-no. I-ARGHH." Akari stormed out in rage, brushing past Kita who entered into view of (Y/N) and Atsumu.

"Kit-San! What are you doing here?" (Y/N) exclaimed.

"I was passing by the gym on my way to drop off some extra supplies in the club room. I don't know what you two did, but please avoid confrontations like that in the future. I don't want the volleyball club to build a bad reputation of getting into disputes with other students."

"Yes! Thank you!" Both (Y/N) and Atsumu bowed curtly.

"Then I'll be leaving." Kita nodded and stepped out from the doorway, heading towards the club room. 'And of course (Y/N) is spending time with Atsumu.' Kita sighed in frustration as he strolled away.

"You did it!" (Y/N) jumped up in elation, giving Atsumu a fist bump.

"Mhm. It's finally over." He grinned, "But..." He appeared to be contemplating something, "But I still have a reservation at that really nice restaurant for dinner."

"Then just call and cancel it." She pointed out.

"No, no, that place is hard to get a reservation at and I shouldn't let that go to waste." Suddenly Atsumu brightened, "Let's go together! As a thank you for helping me out!"

"W-wait, like right now?" (Y/N) stuttered.

"Yes right now!" He grabbed (Y/N)'s bag and threw it at her, "Go get changed out of your volleyball stuff and we'll leave."

She opened her mouth to argue, but closed it as she took notice to her empty stomach. (Y/N) was indeed VERY hungry. 'I guess it won't hurt to let him treat me to dinner just this once.' She thought in satisfaction.

They quickly took down the net and entered the change rooms, pulling on their regular clothes. Together, they departed from the gym. Atsumu's bike was parked near the front of the school.

"We're taking your bike?" (Y/N) frowned slightly, she wasn't exactly a fan of the idea after her terrifying experience last time.

"How else are we supposed to get there?" Atsumu could tell what she was thinking, "Don't worry scaredy cat. We're not in a rush, so I won't go that fast." He swung his leg over the bike and seated himself.

"I'm not scared!" She snapped at him and confidently hopped onto the back.

He began to pedal at a comfortable speed. (Y/N) was glad that this time she didn't have to hang on for dear life. They sped through the neighborhood, the purples and blues of the dusk sky giving the streets an ethereal appearance. (Y/N)'s long hair flowed back as the wind ran through it. They entered an area less familiar to her, where the houses and residences slowly became shops and stores. This part of town was bustling with nightlife.

"Sometimes on the weekends, they have a really cool night market here." Atsumu called back to her as they rolled down the glowing sidestreets.

After a couple more blocks, he slowed down to a stop in front of a bustling restaurant. It wasn't particularly fancy, but it was certainly busy. (Y/N) realized the lineup stretching along the side of the building was to get in.

Atsumu saw the surprised look on her face, "I know right? The food is so good that there's a long lineup every night." He got off the bike, "But we don't have to wait since I have a reservation."

They passed the line and walked through the doors, the delicious smells of food hitting (Y/N) like a punch in the gut. They were escorted to a table, (Y/N) sitting across from Atsumu. The waitress handed them each a menu and (Y/N) eyed all the dish options hungrily.

"Don't pig out too much. I'd prefer not to blow all of my money in one night." Atsumu teased.

"Then bringing me here was probably a bad idea." She smirked back at him.

After some time passed, the waitress returned to take their orders.

"I would like to get the gyozas and a shrimp tempura to share." Atsumu said.

The waitress wrote down the order, "And for your girlfriend?" She asked, turning to (Y/N).

"Girlfri- NO, no, you're mistaken. W-we're just friends." (Y/N) sputtered. Atsumu had to hold in his laughter, it was hilarious, and maybe even a little cute, to see her flustered like that.

"Oh sorry!" The waitress apologized, "Now back to the order, what would you like?"

"Can I get a kake udon noodle soup?" (Y/N) regained her composure.

"Of course, is that all for you both?"

"Yes." Atsumu answered.

"Great! Your food will be ready shortly." The girl said, taking their menus and leaving the table.