Chapter 32

After impatiently waiting all day Tuesday, Wednesday was finally upon (Y/N). It was the day of her trip to Tokyo to watch the game with Atsumu. Her alarm clock blared loudly and woke her up with a start. It was so early that it was still dark outside, but (Y/N) wasn't even close to tired, in fact, she was almost bouncing off the walls with energy. Her and Atsumu had to catch a 3-hour morning train to Tokyo in order to get there on time.

She ran to her closet and selected a cute outfit. Looking at the time, she finished getting ready and rushed out the house towards the train station.

(Y/N) arrived just on time, seeing Atsumu waiting by the gate for her. Under normal circumstances, she knew he wasn't really a morning person, but today he was just as lively and energetic as she was. But this was more likely caused by the two cups of extra strong espresso he was holding in his hands.

"Good morning." He grinned at her.

She greeted him back and they waited restlessly for their train to arrive. It was not long before the large train pulled up to the station. They boarded and quickly found their seats. (Y/N) dashed forward and dropped herself at the window seat.

"Heyy no fair." Atsumu whined, pouting as he sat down in the aisle seat.

(Y/N) stuck her tongue out at him, "Too bad. You can have the window seat on the way back."

The train began moving, and within seconds, the scenery outside looked like a blur. (Y/N) gazed out the window, watching the sky light up in the colors of the sunrise. She leaned back in her chair and enjoyed the view.

Beside her, (Y/N) could see out of the corner of her eye that Atsumu was rummaging through his bag. The blond boy pulled out what he was looking for and settled into his seat. He untangled the earbuds that he had finally managed to dig out of his bag and plugged them into his phone.

"(Y/N)."

"Hm?" She broke her attention away from the window and turned to him.

"Wanna listen?" He held out one of his earbuds out for her.

She gladly took it and put it into her ear. Atsumu selected a playlist and put his phone down. (Y/N) had been expecting random pop music or even some Nicki Manaj, but to her surprise Atsumu's music wasn't loud and annoying, instead it was actually relaxing with a chill beat.

After a few songs, Atsumu grabbed his phone, "(Y/N) listen to this, I bet you'll like it." He picked a song and pressed play.

A familiar tune rang out in her ear, "No way!" She exclaimed, "You listen to (favorite artist) too?!"

"Wait, you know this?" He looked at her in surprise.

"Yeah! That's my favorite artist!" She said enthusiastically.

They chatted about music, then eventually switched to other topics. (Y/N) was so distracted by their conversation that she didn't realize how much time had passed. This three hour train ride wasn't feeling so long after all.

Looking outside after a while, something caught her eye in the distance. She pressed her face to the glass to get a better view.

"Look Atsumu." She pointed out the window. The silhouettes of enormous buildings were just visible as their train whizzed through the Tokyo suburbs. Atsumu leaned over to the window to get a good look. His blond hair caught the morning sun, giving it a soft golden shimmer. (Y/N) suddenly had the urge to touch it, but stopped herself.

Ten more minutes passed and the train began to slow to a stop. (Y/N) and Atsumu picked up their bags and exited their train car, stepping onto the busy platform.

Atsumu pulled out his phone to check directions, "Okay, stay close to me, we don't want to get separated. We now need to take the subway to get to the arena, which is... this way!"

(Y/N) followed him down the platform and towards the metro. Once they had studied the confusing map of the subway system on the wall, they managed to figure which line led to their destination.

Soon, (Y/N) and Atsumu boarded the crowded metro train. There weren't any seats available so they stood together, holding onto the railings above them. More and more people piled into the train car, squishing the two together.

For the next few stops, (Y/N) stood awkwardly, pressed against Atsumu. She was close enough to feel the rise and fall of his breath. As time passed, she began to relax, calmed by the steady rhythm of his breathing.

At the next busy stop, many people got off leaving more room. (Y/N) moved aside from Atsumu and stretched out a bit, momentarily letting go of the railing. The train lurched forward and she lost her balance, falling into a boy standing next to her.

The unfamiliar boy caught her quickly, helping her regain her footing, then immediately wiped his hands on his pants, obviously unhappy with the physical contact.

"I'm so sorry!" (Y/N) apologized frantically.

"Uhm, it's okay." The boy said quietly, though by the sound of his voice, he seemed a bit disgusted.

The boy adjusted the mask on his face and (Y/N) took a closer look at him. He had wavy black hair and two moles on his forehead. He looked really familiar.

"Sakusa-Chan?" (Y/N) heard Atsumu's voice from behind her.

The black haired boy squinted then spoke in surprise, "Atsum- " He immediately switched tones and grumbled, "I told you not to use chan with me."

"It is you!" Atsumu grinned.

(Y/N) just stared in confusion at Atsumu talking to the random boy, "... Do you guys know each other?" She questioned.

"Oh ya, I forgot to introduce you to each other." Atsumu said excitedly, "(Y/N), this is Sakusa Kiyoomi, he's a friend I know through volleyball. Both of us have been scouted to go to the All Japan Youth Training Program."

Sakusa Kiyoomi. Holy shit. It suddenly hit (Y/N) why he had seemed familiar. This boy was one of the top three highschool aces in the country. She had seen his face plenty of times in her monthly volleyball magazines at home.

"Nice to meet you." She took a step towards him and bowed.

Sakusa took a step away from her leaving a gap between them, "Nice to meet you too." He mumbled.

"Don't mind his weird behavior (Y/N), he's the world's biggest germaphobe. He acts like everyone is a walking disease. I'm surprised he didn't scream when you fell on him." Atsumu assured her.

"Why are you talking as if I'm not here?" Sakusa frowned.

"Aww Sakusa-Chan." Atsumu tried to pat Sakusa on the head but the boy recoiled, "I wasn't making fun of you. Maybe one day your germaphobe lifestyle will come in handy. Like if there's ever a pandemic or something crazy like that, you'd be the last one alive." He joked.

"Thank you." Sakusa said sarcastically, rolling his eyes.

"What are you doing here anyways?" Atsumu asked.

"I'm going to watch the national team's volleyball game." He replied.

"Really? So are we!" Atsumu said, wrapping his arm around (Y/N)'s shoulder.

"Cool." Sakusa said flatly, "Then this is our strop." He motioned to the train doors as they slid open.