9 || I like...

"What exactly are you saying?" You ask, confused.

"Well... Have you already researched about Tooru Oikawa?" Your mom asked, smirking.

"The famous setter." You state.

"We agreed with his parents to arrange you and him to date each other. It's just pretend, but it's better when you actually fall inlove with each other right???" Your mom says, chuckling.

You were speechless. First, your choice of career. Now, the man you will end up with? Why would they do this to you?

"I can't." You said looking down on your hands which was gripping tightly your clothes.

"Why not? You'll not even gonna do anything! You're just going to pretend to date him! You're not even helping in this family yet you have the guts to decline my wishes?!" Your mom stands up from her seat getting closer to your face.

You slowly look up to her. You took a deep breath.

"There's someone I like."

"I don't care." Your mom said, walking out. Leaving you alone.

end of flashback

"So that's what happened." You say, clearly frustrated.

"So what are you going to do now?" Nishinoya asked.

"I don't know actually, I have no choice but to follow." You say. Nishinoya noticed your saddened expression and gave you a hug.

"I'm always here for you." Nishinoya said, brushing your hair in a calming manner.

"T-thank you... I needed this." You were holding back tears.

"l/n, why did they want you to date Tooru Oikawa?" Nishinoya asked.

"Because he is famous! and my mom said he is handsome too."

"It must be hard for you... what could we do to make them change their mind???" Nishinoya asked, placing a finger on his chin.

"Please don't worry about it!! It's just pretend and I will still be rooting for Karasuno!"

"Well what if you pretend to your mom that you're dating me already so you can't fake being with Oikawa?" Nishinoya suggested.

"T-thank you. but... you know that... I like Kageyama right? What if he thinks it's true then the chances of him liking me gets to 0. " You say. You didn't notice that Nishinoya's expression changed.

"R-right. I think you should go home now, you're going by yourself don't stay out too late." Nishinoya stood up, patting your head.

"Goodnight, see you in you in your match with Aoba Johsai." You say, waving at him.

"What do you mean? You aren't going back soon?"

"Yeah. They're kind of... preparing me." You say with a saddened expression. You waved again and turned around to walk away.

---

Nishinoya watched you as you walked away. As he turned and went in the gate, he was shocked to see Kageyama leaning on the wall.

"O-oh. Kageyama you scared me." Nishinoya said, internally panicking that maybe Kageyama was there all the time.

"l/n and Oikawa huh." Kageyama muttered. He looked very irritated and disgusted.

"So you eavesdropped on us."

"Yes." Kageyama said straightforwardly.

"How much did you hear?"

"Her and Oikawa. The rest were hard to understand."

"Tch, there's nothing you could do about it even if you're irritated by it." Nishinoya was about to leave when Kageyama spoke.

"Who said I was irritated?"

"If you don't care for her, then stop going near her! You already hurt her once, Don't you dare make it twice!" Nishinoya was angry. He couldn't bear Kageyama not caring for your situation right now knowing that Kageyama is the guy you like.

"Why do you care so much?" Kageyama asked.

Nishinoya thought of you.

"Because I like her." Nishinoya said, calming down.

"I like her so much that it hurts knowing she likes somebody else." He continued.

"Why don't you tell her?"

"I don't want to be another problem for her. I'm just... her best friend." With that, Nishinoya left Kageyama.

Kageyama still couldn't collect all the information he learned this day. He still couldn't believe that you are arranged with Tooru Oikawa, and Nishinoya liking you.

He felt anger inside him. He was confused why he is feeling that way. He felt like he was in a volleyball match, the feeling in a competition.

He thought carefully, You and your moments together with him.

this is the same feeling when I'm in a match... but this time, it seems like when I win, I will be happy forever. He thought.

W-what Am I thinking?! there's no time for this now. I need to improve my skills first and practice. Kageyama shrugged off everything he thought, as he should stay focused on volleyball.